Quantcast

Oil leak from Compression Dial on Fox RC4

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
I tried turning the compression down on my Fox Rc4(2010 First Generation) and when uscrewing it some oil leaked out? Anyone know why this is and will it cause any problems, still seems to ride Ok.

Eye of One

Chimp
Apr 2, 2011
Surrey B.C. CANADA
well i cant say forsure but, im gonna assume there should not be any oil leakage at all from anywhere, thats the case on all other rear shocks, i have an rc4 aswell, no signs of leakage from this area, i would get it looked at forsure, rear shocks have very small amount of fluid in them so a small leak can lead to more problems.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Yeah rear shocks aren't like fork seals, NO amount of leakage is acceptable/OK, there is definitely a problem that you need to get sorted out pronto.

loselvisos

Chimp
Oct 15, 2009
Poland, Lodz
mayby earlier you turned it counterclockwise to much and the shim on the compression knob popped out, I did the same .... of course you think of lsc, after this I discovered that there was a common problem with lsc in first gen rc4 but I don't remember where I've read that

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
mayby earlier you turned it counterclockwise to much and the shim on the compression knob popped out, I did the same .... of course you think of lsc, after this I discovered that there was a common problem with lsc in first gen rc4 but I don't remember where I've read that
Yeah this is what happened, someone told me a the same thing with the first generation ones.

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Anyone serviced their own rc4 yet? I did my DHX with no problems anything to watch out for? I cannot be bothered send it off.