Quantcast

OJ booted from Kentucky resturant....

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
http://people.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1302270.php/OJ_Simpson_given_Kentucky_boot_at_eatery_on_Derby_eve?compage=10&comcount=15&comlimit=10

OJ Simpson given Kentucky boot at eatery on Derby eve

Simpson. EPA/MICHAEL YARISH/HO

By Stone Martindale May 9, 2007, 13:51 GMT

Disgraced ex footballer O.J. Simpson was ready to sit down to a dinner with near a dozen of his closest friends when the owner of the restaurant approached him and asked him to leave the establishment.

The owner, Jeff Ruby, said other patrons were made uncomfortable by O.J.’s presence he asked his party to leave, reports the AP.

“I didn’t want to serve him because of my convictions of what he’s done to those families,” Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. “The way he continues to torture the lives of those families … with his behavior, attitude and conduct.”

Simpson was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.

Ruby is a heartland restaurateur, with establishments in Cincinnati, Louisville and Belterra, Ind. - said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was “giddy” about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.

“I didn’t want that experience in my restaurant,” Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention “makes me sick to my stomach.”

Ruby said that Simpson and his party left quietly and without incident.

Simpson attorney, Yale Galanter claims that they were asked to leave based on “race” and that he plans to pursue the matter and is trying to get Ruby’s liquor license revoked.

Race, of course, was never cited for the special treatment that Simpson always seemed to receive prior to his wife's brutal murder that hung a low cloud of suspicion over him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So...the question(s) are:

(1.) Do you care?
(2.) Even though he was only accused and not convicted(we all know the real truth) of double-murder, should he be denied service at a resturant as a result?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I'd prefer that he was forced to move his table to the middle of a major highway.

Mostly because he's black.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
1. Nope. I wouldn't want to eat next to OJ either, unless they gave him a plastic knife.
2. No shirt, no shoes, slashed up wife, no service.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
So...the question(s) are:

(1.) Do you care?
(2.) Even though he was only accused and not convicted(we all know the real truth) of double-murder, should he be denied service at a resturant as a result?
(1.) Do you care? Not really. I'm bored though so it's interesting.

(2.) Even though he was only accused and not convicted(we all know the real truth) of double-murder, should he be denied service at a resturant as a result? Maybe, if he's causing too much of a disruption. On the other hand, if you open a public place, you should serve the public. Then again, as an owner I'd want to be able to do what I wanted... then again...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
(1.) Do you care? Not really. I'm bored though so it's interesting.

(2.) Even though he was only accused and not convicted(we all know the real truth) of double-murder, should he be denied service at a resturant as a result? Maybe, if he's causing too much of a disruption. On the other hand, if you open a public place, you should serve the public. Then again, as an owner I'd want to be able to do what I wanted... then again...
Hey.....wait a minute---is the question-asker supposed to answer his own question? That would just be rhetorical, then......:twitch:

lugnuts

Monkey
May 2, 2002
maine
1. nah
2. nah, let him eat there. But as the owner I'd let the kitchen staff have their way with his food before it was served to him.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Don't private businesses have the "right" to refuse service? If I could go a day without hearing about what celebrity "X" is up to that would be a good day. Meh.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
A resteraunt is a private business. And can refuse service to anyone. (Yes, yes I know you can't descriminate...yadda yadda what ever makes your hearts bleed a little less ;))

From the article, Simpson was not asked to leave because of his race. Maybe the "real life" situation was different than portrayed in the article, but based on the info available here... The owner thinks Simpson is a tool and did not wish to serve him. That is not illegal.