Quantcast

ok its simple. all ECD info

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Never even really looked at the GTs, but from the research I did when looking into my Mongoose, it sounds like the Mongoose design is the winning choice. GTs is apparently very similar but Mongoose nails it.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
One final consideration - the new GT's dont have adjustable anything. The adjustable HA on the Goose comes in handy (along with option of slapping a front D on it). I have 2 rings up front. Put it in the higher/steeper setting and it's great for covering some XC ground and/or DJing.

Dogman

Chimp
Dec 17, 2007
Borders, Scotland
Can someone tell me how I check if my pivots are ovalised?

I also broke my mrp lower roller this past week. The guy in the bike shop told me that the mrp won't work with the ecd because it has an external BB. Is this true or does he want my hard earned?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Can someone tell me how I check if my pivots are ovalised?

I also broke my mrp lower roller this past week. The guy in the bike shop told me that the mrp won't work with the ecd because it has an external BB. Is this true or does he want my hard earned?
MRP will work with the frame, up till the 08 bike they came with MRP system 3 guides

skiforfree33

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
colorado
do you know if they did anything to the 2008 frame? do you know if the made it stiffer? Also did they fix the pivots from getting ovalized?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I don't think it was the pivots as much as it was weak, soft hardware, and that issue has been fixed. I've got one waiting for me if I can just get my damn BD3 sold...! And if you're looking for a frame-only option, get ahold of Allen at Dropnzone.com.... ;)

skiforfree33

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
colorado
I don't think it was the pivots as much as it was weak, soft hardware, and that issue has been fixed. I've got one waiting for me if I can just get my damn BD3 sold...! And if you're looking for a frame-only option, get ahold of Allen at Dropnzone.com.... ;)
Thank you! i am looking at maybe get one for the 08 season. but i am in the same boat i am trying to sell my High Octane. i do need a new race bike and the bike come pretty decked out stock! do you notice the bb moving?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Thank you! i am looking at maybe get one for the 08 season. but i am in the same boat i am trying to sell my High Octane. i do need a new race bike and the bike come pretty decked out stock! do you notice the bb moving?
It was weak/cheap hardware that was causing the problem, the 08s got and upgrade as well as a better dropout system. I've never noticed the BB moving. I have a teocali that i ride xc on and have never noticed it on that either.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Nope, here niether. But all the people who've never ridden one claim it swings all over the place. WTF? I'm willing to bet that's even the only source you've ever heard ANY complaints about them. I also don't understand the complaint about a "flexy" rearend. The rear wheel is going to have to fall out of the rear end and pass you before you're seriously going to notice any flex in the rear while G'd out in a berm.
Bust your ass to get one(or any Mongoose, for that matter), it's worth it and you're going to love it. I can't think of any other bike I'd want right now. Well...I want EVERY bike, but I wouldn't trade a Mongoose for anything I can think of right now...
And def call Allen for a bike, he'll SMOKE any other price and prob be willing to mix/match parts at your request. Just be sure to mention Cody sent ya! He gives me good deals, want him to know why! That's also who I'm getting my ECD from in a few! lol!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
My Black Diamond Triple is 73mm... Can't imagine that would change. I THINK the bb section of those frames is a universal part...I'm assuming the XC bikes, etc use a different version.
But I don't know for sure.

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
-What's size are you 6ft people running?
-What BB height are you getting and what kinda tires
-Is the '08 available as frame only, if so how much

Thanks

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I'm 6'1" and run an 06 medium w/70 mm stem.

BB is around 14.2 in the low/slack setting and 15 even in the steep setting w/2.5 Michie c16 in back and Spesh 2.7 Roller something up front..

Can't help you with the 08 info.

axolotl

Chimp
Jun 28, 2009
Performance bike has a weekend special going. They marked the 08 ecd down to 2300 and are giving an extra $600 off. Todays the last day:eek: