Quantcast

ok maybe it's just me but....

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Did the BB national suck big monkey balls? Of course this is just my opnion but I thought the slalom course was a joke as well as the DH mania. The slalom course looked liked it was slapped together by a bunch of 13year olds...it had absolutley no flow...and what happened to the jumps?? The Dh mania...."4 racers banging it out in hot action"...where I never saw this...the racers were so far spaced apart you already knew who was going to win...granted there were a few heats that were close.

Also the spectator turnout was horrible...here I am watching the dh mania finals and the mountain was empty...what happened to everyone...I though the whole weekend was a bust and I'm not just bitter becasue I didn't get to race as I was able to ride anyway and had just as much fun...again maybe it was just my perception of the weekend...anyone else have thoughts on this??

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I think you would've appreciated the 4Man more if you have had a run or two down the pro course. Sajnay and I poached the course this morning and it's hella fun (considering it's Summit and it's BB). Halfway up near the hip jump, a lot of passes and manuevering took place. Most of the stuff that happened at the bottom are just elementary. The action took place in the middle of the run, I think.

Oh, word is that they will leave majority of the pro course open next weekend and for the summer. :thumb: We shld do a 4Man of our own...minus Sanjay..

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
I'll second the lameness of the slalom course. It was obvious that a lot of time was spent building last years 4X course, but this year it looked like they threw it together in half an hour... rocky soft berms, no jumps, lots of flat turns, etc. Some people thought it was fun to ride but from a spectator's perspective it was pretty bad.

The expert DH track was actually really fun, except for the uphill sections.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Orven
I think you would've appreciated the 4Man more if you have had a run or two down the pro course. Sajnay and I poached the course this morning and it's hella fun (considering it's Summit and it's BB). Halfway up near the hip jump, a lot of passes and manuevering took place. Most of the stuff that happened at the bottom are just elementary. The action took place in the middle of the run, I think.

Oh, word is that they will leave majority of the pro course open next weekend and for the summer. :thumb: We shld do a 4Man of our own...minus Sanjay..
yeah the course looked ok but the racing was just not as close as the annoucer was making it out to be...and don't even get me started on the announcer what a jack@ss....I did get to ride the expert course and it was very nice....I'll be up at BB on sat....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Jm_
when's that?
I don't think we have an exact date yet but we always do it once a year. I think some time in July as there aren't many races that month at BB....D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by BMXman
yeah the course looked ok but the racing was just not as close as the annoucer was making it out to be...and don't even get me started on the announcer what a jack@ss....I did get to ride the expert course and it was very nice....I'll be up at BB on sat....D
Wayne Croasdale was the announcer if I'm not mistaken...

And without his constant reminders that these were, indeed, 4 professional DH racers in a new event called "DH Mania," I think my grasp on the situation would have been tenuous at best, so I'm pretty thankful for his efforts.

"SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAAAAYYY! See the THRILL of 4 widely-spaced DH MANIA RACERS on ONE(!) poorly designed course! OHHHHYEEEAAAAHHHHH...DH MANIAAAA!"

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Orven
We shld do a 4Man of our own...minus Sanjay..
Sanjay should have his own DH Mania race...against 3 bowling balls...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I would have traded in the lameness of the race itself, if the DH course would have been fun to ride when I was out there.
I am glad that you guys liked it this year.
It would not have mattered for me results wise though, I would have got owned on the fart dust no matter how fun they make the course.;)

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I only visited for a little while on saturday and I have to agree with the lameness. Especially the dual slalom course. I could have built something better in my back yard. The expert course looked pretty fun, the super D course looked like there may have been a few exciting sections but all in all it wasn't nearly as exciting from a spectators standpoint as the previous years. Sure there was a cool rythm section but you had to hike half way up the mountain to get at it, jumps like that should be at the bottom where the majority of the spectators will actually see them. I wasn't even sure which finsh line was the pro course and which was the beginner course. From the finish line of either they looked about the same. Same goes witht he start line, if it weren't for the less proish looking attire of the guys on the beginner course I'd have guessed that run was the pro course since it had the jumps right at the top.

I heared some people mumbling about insurance limiting what they could do with the course after last year's tragedy. Who knows the real reason but as a spectator I was dissapointed.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I thought the expert course was a blast to ride and I would prefer to see pros ripping a course like that rather than a more lame superX course like the downhill mania course.

anybody know if summit will be open this next weekend?

Donnie, it was nice meeting you and i'm looking forward to riding with you next weekend, but f*ck, has your wife ever tried to kill you in your sleep? :D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by W4S
IDonnie, it was nice meeting you and i'm looking forward to riding with you next weekend, but f*ck, has your wife ever tried to kill you in your sleep? :D
yes I think she has...luckily the force is strong in me;)

R

Rabie

Originally posted by MikeD
Wayne Croasdale was the announcer if I'm not mistaken...

And without his constant reminders that these were, indeed, 4 professional DH racers in a new event called "DH Mania," I think my grasp on the situation would have been tenuous at best, so I'm pretty thankful for his efforts.

"SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAAAAYYY! See the THRILL of 4 widely-spaced DH MANIA RACERS on ONE(!) poorly designed course! OHHHHYEEEAAAAHHHHH...DH MANIAAAA!"

MD
Highlight of the afternoon:

"...and here come some RRRIIIIDERS!!! Oh man, that third place guy is all thinking 'I WISH I was in SECOND PLACE!!'!!!!!"

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Rabie
Highlight of the afternoon:

"...and here come some RRRIIIIDERS!!! Oh man, that third place guy is all thinking 'I WISH I was in SECOND PLACE!!'!!!!!"
Well, I'm sure that's, like, what he WAS thinking...