Quantcast

OK then... A Pump Track it is!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
At first I thought I would just put a jump or two in the back yard but after thinking about it I have decided to take down the horse corrals and put in a pump track. I started moving dirt yesterday, and continued this morning.

I started by pin flagging the general shape and began diggin a berm. I am planning on putting in a wall ride here as well as the berm.

The straight that leads into the berm. This will have rollers the length of it.

Out of the berm you'll shoot across the yard into the far corner. The corrals are coming down. There will be a left hand berm and rollers along the fence.

Looking down the first straight into the berm.

I've never done anything like this before and it's HARD WORK! If anyone wants to lend a hand with digging you'll get to ride! If you want to ride it you'll have to dig. :) Also, I need help from somone who knows how to dig berms and jumps and such.

Is anyone interisted in coming by next weekend and helping? We'll BBQ and have beer afterwards.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Your (or my) timing sucks... everytime you have something planned I'm going out of town!

Would love to help out, but I'll be in Texas next weekend. I'm around most other weekends though...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dang Slugman, I do have some bad timing. :) Well, don't worry, we'll save some digging for you! :D

Patrick, next weekend. Not tomorrow. Actually I'll be diggin every weekend till it's done. Then I'll be riding everyweekend, and weekday... :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am in NORCO, which is So Cal. Riverside area. I am 10 minutes away from Skyline trail in Corona and 20 mins from Fontana.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Have fun with it. I built one in my yard about 2 months ago and have ridden the hell out of it. Here is a few pics of it.
Before

After adding new line

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Why not have both? A pump track would be so cool to have. It would make you better at pumping, which then can be appplied to the trails making you faster/smoother.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
chicodude said:
Why the hell would you want a ****ing pump track over some jumps?
Many reasons. Mostly because I have always prefered to keep my wheels on the ground. While I do enjoy jumps I will get more use out of and greater benefit from a pump track in my yard than jumps.

TJ, you wanna come up this weekend and dig and ride?

Chop, that's beautiful!

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Ciaran said:
Many reasons. Mostly because I have always prefered to keep my wheels on the ground. While I do enjoy jumps I will get more use out of and greater benefit from a pump track in my yard than jumps.

TJ, you wanna come up this weekend and dig and ride?

Chop, that's beautiful!
yeah for sure. pm me your addy and your phone#

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Thanks for the compliments on my track. They are a blast to ride. If you have any questions about building one just hit me up.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Acadian said:
and how many pump tracks have you ever ridden?

that's what I thought...

I've ridden two, They were fun enough, but if I had to choose between the two, Theres no doubt which one I would pick...

Dirtclod

Chimp
Mar 10, 2006
Norco, CA
If you get tired of digging, there are some nice dirt jumps near you. They are at the south end of Country Club behind the "chinese church." Bring a shovel.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I can build a pump track, I rode/raced BMX for 7 years before mtnbiking, and built a bunch of trails, with berms, rollers, doubles, tables, and all that good stuff. If I can ever get up there, I'd be glad to help ya out!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dirtclod said:
If you get tired of digging, there are some nice dirt jumps near you. They are at the south end of Country Club behind the "chinese church." Bring a shovel.
You're in Norco? Excellent. We need to chat.

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
YO! That is sweet! I just heard about this and can't wait to build my own. I am looking for a house to buy right now. Now I need to find a house with a big backyard!

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I'm down to dig, haven't ridden with you in a while too. You ever free on weekdays? I'm not working right now so weekdays are actually best.
I've still never actually ridden a pump track so what better track to pop my cherry than one I helped dig :D