Quantcast

OK VA and surrounding areas monkeys, show us your XC rig!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
BIRDMAN111 said:
haha i havent ridden two dozen times this summer but fall, winter and spring i rode every day, literaly
You need to get your ass in gear and come out riding with Charlie and I.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
All the bikes got washed and photographed this weekend.
So here's the fleet.
'01 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo 26lbs

'02 Giant NRS 1 28.5lbs

'03 Ironhorse SGS Pro 44lbs

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
To revive a thread, have people been riding a lot lately? I rode with a group two weeks ago, with a cold, but, since I'm out of shape, the cold didn't much matter! LOL!!!

So after 4 months, I'm back in the gym, hard core, with huge change in diet. I can feel the difference already. Not much of a difference, but a difference none the less. :D

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
To revive a thread, have people been riding a lot lately? I rode with a group two weeks ago, with a cold, but, since I'm out of shape, the cold didn't much matter! LOL!!!

So after 4 months, I'm back in the gym, hard core, with huge change in diet. I can feel the difference already. Not much of a difference, but a difference none the less. :D
That's great! Keep it up and you'll be surprised. If you're trying to trim down, start riding the XC bike 3+ times a week and you'll be shocked. I've been riding a ton as usual but had a week and a half off recently due to my wedding. I'll be back in VA. next week and plan on riding Stokesville area with a couple other guys all next weekend.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Hell yeah!

My new frame just arrived...2006 Salsa El Mariachi that I'm building up as a 1x9

I'll be building her up tomorrow with pic's soon there after.

Build Spec:

El Mariachi Medium
Reba 29er SL
Thomson X4 stem
King Mango headset
On-One Mary bars
Oury Lock Ons
Juicy 7's 185mm front 160mm rear
Truvativ Stylo SS GXP crankset
N-Gear Jump Stop
Eggbeater SL's
Sram X-9 RD
Sram X-9 trigger shifter
Sram PG990 cassette
XT hubs
Salsa Delgado Disc Rims
DT Swiss straight gauge 14 with DT lock nip's
Tires: Set of the new Nevegal 29ers and the Maxxis Ignitors for race days

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
How she ride? Where ya been riding?
She rides nice. Two pounds heavier than my Switchblade, but so solid. BB is a good 1/2" lower too, which makes a huge difference in handling. Feels more stable.

I've ridden so much it's ridiculous. Let's see: Douthat (MORE weekend trip), Wild Oaks trail (25 miles of it), North Mountain, Reddish Knob (Timber and Wolf Ridge, going to do Cali next time), Southern Traverse, Sherando, Walnut Creek twice, and of course my local trails, Pocahontas, JRPS, Poor Farm many times. All that in 3 weeks! I've been riding at least 3 days a week. Starting to slow down to normal as the newness wears off.

I've got a Swinger 6-Way and the 6/7" coffin rockers in the mail, so I'll be able to hit up Wintergreen and Snowshoe without fear of breaking another Switchblade rocker.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
She rides nice. Two pounds heavier than my Switchblade, but so solid. BB is a good 1/2" lower too, which makes a huge difference in handling. Feels more stable.

I've ridden so much it's ridiculous. Let's see: Douthat (MORE weekend trip), Wild Oaks trail (25 miles of it), North Mountain, Reddish Knob (Timber and Wolf Ridge, going to do Cali next time), Southern Traverse, Sherando, Walnut Creek twice, and of course my local trails, Pocahontas, JRPS, Poor Farm many times. All that in 3 weeks! I've been riding at least 3 days a week. Starting to slow down to normal as the newness wears off.

I've got a Swinger 6-Way and the 6/7" coffin rockers in the mail, so I'll be able to hit up Wintergreen and Snowshoe without fear of breaking another Switchblade rocker.
Hows that 6 way? I heard they can be a bitch to set up, but once there done there nice. I guess you can set them to be more XC oriented then DH or FR...

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
6 ways are not that hard to get really really close to the perfect setup its just that last little bitch that is really hard to get just right.

well the reason that i'm post is that i got to say that this area has to have some of the sweetest xc rigs on the planet and it seems that they all actually get ridden too!!

crackhead

Chimp
Feb 2, 2005

my 94 rock hopper with avid arch rivels and before the massive upgrades. i should get new pics this weekend.

DC40

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
XC/ all round bike: San Andreas

Here is my new ride, for 4x and DJ: Identiti Dr. Jekyll

Downhill bike: Yeti AS-X

BMX Crusier: Haro SX-24