Quantcast

OK, whats with the attitude problems?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
What the hell has been going on around here lately? In the past few months, it seems like everyone is choosing cliques and trying to start s**t with everyone else. What is the deal with that?

Why is there so much hatred and racism around here? We are all here to do one thing... Ride a g*****m bicycle! Come on guys, how seriously can you really take yourselves when you are older than 14 and still ride a BIKE? Its about fun. I ride because I love to ride. I like the people I meet while riding, it used to be that everyone was really cool and got along. What happened?

One of the reasons I liked this forum was because everyone got along. Everyone rode together, no matter if it was street, DH, FR, XC, BMX, whatever. It doesnt matter what type of bike someone is riding or what their skill level is, at least they are out doing somthing, helping a sport YOU love, and not sitting on their ass eating cheetos. So what if someone you are riding with sucks, or is slower than you. Remember when that was you? No matter how bad ass you think you are now, you were the new guy at one time. Everyone has to start somewhere.

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
My guess is boredom?

Some ppl just use the internet to gain 100lbs and 12" in height, some ppl think I do that but I don't. I just speak my mind and I'll do the same in person and if ppl don't like the fact that im honest and real with what I say then whatever, I could give 2 ****s what anyone EVER says about me. Everyone these days let the internet get to them, its all dumb if you ask me I JUST WANT TO RIDE! Then you have just the general cocky asshole.. I can name one or two but there's nothing you can do about them, everyone else are chill.

Where's the racism?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
NotQuiteJdm said:
Where's the racism?
Guess you missed the WHFS thread....... the offending posts got deleted pretty quick! (Thanks for that by the way mods)

Its just weird. I dunno how to explain it, just seems like not everyone is getting along anymore. it makes me sad

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
can't everyone just get along, I must have missed that thread too. I saw the ones with the kids arguing it was kinda funny!

Winter may have something to do with it, but the last few weeks have had some great riding weather so I dunno, maybe since the temps hit the teens and 20's people got mad?!?!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
all the motorcycle boards i frequent refer to it as P.M.S. ... Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. This is just the bicycle equivalent. You should see how cranky those boards get around late february!! :eviltongu

naw, i dunno what it is... seems like there's been an influx of newbies to the boards and to the biking scene. people that haven't met most of us and haven't ridden with us. all i know is that i've never met any of the people who are arguing and e-fighting... and i think i've met and ridden with most every regular here.

the ruckus over at DCstreet was between me and JDM (dustin). it sucks, i really wish that stuff didn't go down. i like to think of myself as a pretty likeable guy, most of you guys have ridden with me... am i a hater? be honest, i'd really like to know if i need to change my ways. i have no idea what dustin's got against me, but the dude's been on my ass since august so i got tired of it and banned him from my website.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
HEY BIG MIKE SCREW YOU. YOU TOO COREY!

e-fighting is funny. Dunno why everyone is being hostile lately but its funny to watch.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mobius said:
HEY BIG MIKE SCREW YOU. YOU TOO COREY!

e-fighting is funny. Dunno why everyone is being hostile lately but its funny to watch.

its not just online though....... i've heard about it/noticed it at group rides. Just little changes.

I dunno, maybe i'm on crack

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC

Everyone with a bad attitude needs to put on a sombrero and chill. I pity the po' foo' who doesn't.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
DamienC said:
Everyone with a bad attitude needs to put on a sombrero and chill. I pity the po' foo' who doesn't.
Damien, you always bring a smile to my face with your well-placed images.
Kinda the way I view my farts, placed just at the right time during a conversation.

Sep 29, 2004
BigMike said:
What the hell has been going on around here lately? In the past few months, it seems like everyone is choosing cliques and trying to start s**t with everyone else. What is the deal with that?

Why is there so much hatred and racism around here? We are all here to do one thing... Ride a g*****m bicycle! Come on guys, how seriously can you really take yourselves when you are older than 14 and still ride a BIKE? Its about fun. I ride because I love to ride. I like the people I meet while riding, it used to be that everyone was really cool and got along. What happened?

One of the reasons I liked this forum was because everyone got along. Everyone rode together, no matter if it was street, DH, FR, XC, BMX, whatever. It doesnt matter what type of bike someone is riding or what their skill level is, at least they are out doing somthing, helping a sport YOU love, and not sitting on their ass eating cheetos. So what if someone you are riding with sucks, or is slower than you. Remember when that was you? No matter how bad ass you think you are now, you were the new guy at one time. Everyone has to start somewhere.
U KNOW WHAT IMA KILL YOU SUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bc ur a newbie/roadie/xc(y?) ....... yeh i see what u mean i mean come on guys its a lil uncessecary to drive by soembody u see on a road bike.... automatic weapons dont belong in the mountain biking world..... unless ur in chain reaction where its necessary to pump a shotgun in a skatepark :blah:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
dhriderII said:
ya know what man, its a good cure to this... BOB MARLEY man, : sings : lets get to gether and feel arlight... oh the good times to be had
"Woke up dis mor-nin'
Smiled at da risin' sun
T'ree little birds
Sit by my door-step
Singin' sweet songs
And melodies pure and true
Sayin' 'Dis is my mes-sage to you-hoo-hoo':

Singing' don't wor-ry
About a t'ing
'Cause every little t'ing
Sagonna be al-right"

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Just take a break from it like I'm doing. This board gets really old after a while, same old *hit over and over and over.... Wait until spring rolls around and everyone is amped to begin the riding season again.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Speaking for myself, the only time I get an attitude is when new people show up on here and ask the same retarded questions that you see all over pinkbike. Perfect example- the "josh bender bike" thread in downhill. If the kid who posted that payed any attention to the MTB scene he wouldn't have posted that, but instead we all have to answer his questions so he'll stop posting out-of-date, very wrong stuff. It's just annoying.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
can't we just all get along ,geesh relax ride your bike, it's good for the soul. I just went on a single speed ride in a rageing snow storm on sat.and I aint feelin no hate ya'll. GO RIDE or SNOW BOARD or DRINK or something.ignor the morons and live yo. life's to short !

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
NotQuiteJdm said:
My guess is boredom?

Some ppl just use the internet to gain 100lbs and 12" in height, some ppl think I do that but I don't. I just speak my mind and I'll do the same in person and if ppl don't like the fact that im honest and real with what I say then whatever, I could give 2 ****s what anyone EVER says about me. Everyone these days let
did u just blank out cents??? lol

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
BigMike said:

I stopped coming to this specific board for the exact reasons you bring up. screw it. I ride alone and don't have much to say about it to anyone anyway.