Quantcast

Ok who's using Bit Torrent?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
suprnova isn't down, just make sure you do suprnova.org, otherwise you will get some other imitator. Just used it like two days ago. Any other questions like with file types or players post here, i've been able to figure out a lot of tricky types and how to get em to work.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
GumbaFish said:
suprnova isn't down, just make sure you do suprnova.org, otherwise you will get some other imitator. Just used it like two days ago. Any other questions like with file types or players post here, i've been able to figure out a lot of tricky types and how to get em to work.
it was down all last night for me. and its down right now saying that it will be down for a few hours

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
hrmm yeah, my bad guess it is down. I guess it must have gone down like right after I finished, or maybe it allowed me to continue the download I already had opened or something.

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
When I try to Download a Torrent the download screen comes up but I cant press OK whats the deal? Im using Firefox by the way.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i think you need some sort of bittorrent client like azureus or something like that; yr browser (firefox) can't do it. although i've never d/l'd anything using bittorrent.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
adurham said:
When I try to Download a Torrent the download screen comes up but I cant press OK whats the deal? Im using Firefox by the way.
FF is very slow on downloading. It'll take ~30 seconds for the download to complete :mumble:

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
LordOpie said:
FF is very slow on downloading. It'll take ~30 seconds for the download to complete :mumble:
Try the client and links I posted and let me know if you have a problem, it works in firefox just fine.

The main thing to keep an eye out on the bittornado client is if you get a "green light" that mean you have all the correct ports and forwards setup. (Means you will get the fastest downloads)

If it stays yellow you will need to make some changes to you Router / Client setup

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
When I try to download a torrent off any site the page where it asks you to open with, and save as, it also has a button that says ok and it will start the download that button is gray and i cant download the files what do i need to do? I downloaded Bit Tornado and still cant figure it out.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
adurham said:
When I try to download a torrent off any site the page where it asks you to open with, and save as, it also has a button that says ok and it will start the download that button is gray and i cant download the files what do i need to do? I downloaded Bit Tornado and still cant figure it out.

Thats new, have you tried clicking open with and the back too save as and clicking ok anyway?

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
i downloaded an upgrade for FireFox and now its working its downloaded but its only going 0 to 1 kb's per second how can i make it go faster?

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
adurham said:
i downloaded an upgrade for FireFox and now its working its downloaded but its only going 0 to 1 kb's per second how can i make it go faster?
you will need to do some edits to your network. First thing is setting up port forwarding from you Router to your PC. Then you need to make sure you have the correct ports on your torrent client open.

6881-6889

you can open more ports if you like, I use 6700-6900

Your will need to figure out your router by yourself. Most home routers have an advance configuration. Go there and set ports 6700-6900 to 192.168.x.x what ever you PC's IP is. (might want to make it a static IP)

Once you make those changes try and download a torrent, if the circle turns green then you have the best connection you can get. Sometimes it will take awhile to turn green (need to make connections)

Let me know how it works out :thumb:

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
as far as bittorrent goes, obviously speed will be decided by the number of sources you can find for a file, and the connection you have, plus if you have your bittorrent client set up correctly, (i.e. the correct ports opened, ect.), but its definitely the most efficient way to transfer files.
Bittorrent takes up 1/3 of the internets bandwidth, its gotta be good.
ive used many, and the fastest and most reliable client seems to be azureus:Official Site Here
Some quality torrent sites are:
MegaNova Good for music, dunno overall
Aradi Tracker rare stuff, have to register tho
[Torrent Reactor Big selection of evrythin
[Torrentspy.com Again, wide selection.