Quantcast

Ok, you own a team. Minnaar v Peaty ?

Macho

Chimp
Sep 24, 2010
Currently UK
Ok, so people are always asking questions like.. which is better the Trek or the Demo what will I buy, questions like that are generally useless and the answer is very much personal preference.

Ok so purely fictitiously speaking... You own Santa Sruz. say you spent a chunk of your budget in Vegas you went mental with strippers and booze and gambling....

You need to now let one of your Big dogs go....

so which one would yo let go? Peaty or Minnarr?

Both of them amazing riders..., Peaty hugely popular and still able to pull them out. Minnarr younger and more left than than Peaty. Minnarr is the most consistant rider in the WC tour....

Who you let go?.... Minnarr gets the results, he makes the bikes look good, he was just unlucky in the WC series and the champs. Maybe if weather hadn't got so bad just before his run he would be world champ. He just missed winng the whole series by a nano second really... Minnarr is not as popular as Peaty but still comes accross as a nice guy.

If you let Peaty go now, he will go get another sponsor and then his legacy is associated with that other sponsor..... Hugely popular icon who will feature in future mags will show a pic of him not in santa cruz put other gear....

Peaty doesn't even have to race WC to generate publicity everyone wants to talk to him.

There are lots of reasons.....
who would you keep and why? (if they are the same financial cost) remember its not personal preference. Its your company and you are trying to get the best value for your bike and your brand...

tough one eh? who do you keep? Its not as simple as who is the best rider....

Last edited:

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Keep Peaty. He's an icon and will continue to sell bikes even when he's not winning. Minnaars just another (good) racer.

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
keep minnaar, ditch the old goat hanging on the threads of literally yesteryear's one, and probably forever, ONLY glory. Keep Bryceland, but threaten like mad so he can finally step out from behind the fanboi shadow of Peaty that he's been hiding his talent under. Flipping sad that.
Send Neko to Greg Minnaar school of how to lose by a nanosecond and not pout like a spoiltbrat. Once over it, nab him. that boy is silly fast.

Last edited:

Gridds

Monkey
Dec 18, 2008
Great Britain
Wasn't Minnaar going to set up his own team anyway?

Keep Peaty. He's more of a legend and bike seller than any other rider in the World right now!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
keep peat. People on here seem to like him so much they huff his farts like airplane glue, even though he's just not as good.

If I wanted to win, mingnarr, if I wanted to sell bikes, peatches.

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Keep Peaty. He's an icon and will continue to sell bikes even when he's not winning. Minnaars just another (good) racer.
Yup.

Peaty is a really nice guy IRL. I'd keep him even if he didn't win so much. He's always been a positive influence in the racing world too. (I've never met minnaar).

Macho

Chimp
Sep 24, 2010
Currently UK
I let both of them go, and continue with the strippers, booze and gambling.
No, you have become a mormon, so you cant do any of those things.

Is that you Mr Roskopp...?
No I have never rode a skateboard.

Put crazy f'n yaw angles and a DW link on every bike in the SC line up and you'll be all set. Screw the riders.
you can get headset cups for that.....
silly billy we own the VPP patent.

stick to the point, dont lose focus, or the company will be in trouble, this is just about Peaty and Minnarr

Macho

Chimp
Sep 24, 2010
Currently UK
keep minnaar, ditch the old goat hanging on the threads of literally yesteryear's one, and probably forever, ONLY glory. Keep Bryceland, but threaten like mad so he can finally step out from behind the fanboi shadow of Peaty that he's been hiding his talent under. Flipping sad that.
Send Neko to Greg Minnaar school of how to lose by a nanosecond and not pout like a spoiltbrat. Once over it, nab him. that boy is silly fast.

Bryceland, is still really young he needs more weight so he can take advantage of his height to power over stuff.... needs to:
- up his protein intake,
- lower his energy expendature, so he puts on some muscle.
- and lift heavy weights to build his power

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
are you about the scene or results?

if you care more about the scene and things that go on other than racing you keep peaty. if you want to have consistant good results you keep minnar. i think thats really all it comes down to

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Ditch Bryceland. Yes he has potential, but potential doesnt sell you bikes or get people talking about them. Both Minnaar and Peat bring more to the table than almost any other team. I believe Peaty will be on form for next year trying to win WC again, don't really have to say that about Minnaar, he's always at it (this year even more!).

It really comes down to results and consistency, versus legacy and publicity. If you have both, its a win win, take one out and the other will have to make up for it.

In my personal opinion, I think Peaty sells more bikes than Minnaar. He is probable the ideal for any company that sponsers him, he always mentions his products and is always a happy guy and nice guy (don't really know him, but it looks that way), which is always an appeal to everyone around him.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Bryceland, is still really young he needs more weight so he can take advantage of his height to power over stuff.... needs to:
- up his protein intake,
- lower his energy expendature, so he puts on some muscle.
- and lift heavy weights to build his power
fixed-and learn to speak english:rofl: Sorry Bryce, had to do it. We cant tell what the hell you're saying half the time:D

LOPAN

Chimp
Mar 17, 2010
Freehold NJ
if salary is the concern, explain to both that thier pay is going to be cut, see which one gets
the most upset or leaves, that will show who is most loyal. keep that one.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Keep Kathy away from the strip!!!

Provided Peaty still has a few years left in the tank, I'd stick w/him. Not that Minnaar is a bad representative, but nobody does it better than Sheffield Gold. I would also put a little more heat on Bryceland - iirc, he didn't qualify at a couple wc's this year. No?

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
If you want to keep winning races, Minnaar. If you want to keep pushing the brand (and $$$), Peaty. Kind of like Kyle Bush vs. Junior for Hendrick for those Nascar fans out there. :)

Macho

Chimp
Sep 24, 2010
Currently UK
wtf is this supposed to be like fantasy football?
exactly, most people ask questions about frames, and people answer in a fantasy way..., some will never own the frame...

this is same thing no difference... fantasy team.

I have fantasies all the time where I own an MTB team, sometimes it helps me go to sleep.....:D
fantasies are fun!

Macho

Chimp
Sep 24, 2010
Currently UK
are you about the scene or results?

if you care more about the scene and things that go on other than racing you keep peaty. if you want to have consistant good results you keep minnar. i think thats really all it comes down to
Again its a fantasy, if you owned the company/team what would you do?
(tip..... you need to sell bikes)

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Well, I've met both guys and both are exceptionally cool people. Greg is super friendly, as is Steve. Saying Peat is over the hill is ridiculous, as he looked on track to kill Windham before his crash (what a hack. :D)

But considering both of them as people, their track records, years left racing, overall marketing punch AND of course contributions to cycling as a whole, I am going to have to go with your Mom.