The Blackstone Valley
I Are Baboon said:
Early weather forecast:

Friday: RAIN
Saturday: RAIN
Sunday: RAIN

effing figures.

I'm calling BS. :nopity:

This past Saturday was supposed to be upper 50's and rain - it was 65 and sunny. Sunday was supposed to be an all day washout, with t-storms mixed in - it was in the low 60's and cloudy. I have lost all faith in weather people and their use of computers to tell me what it's going to be like. They have no idea of what it's going to be like this coming weekend. :nuts:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Well the weather was like a metaphor for my circumstances today. Raining in the morning, and then after the court appearance and the divorce was official the sun came out. One chapter of my life closed. Let's hope the next chapter is a lot better.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
MMcG said:
Well the weather was like a metaphor for my circumstances today. Raining in the morning, and then after the court appearance and the divorce was official the sun came out. One chapter of my life closed. Let's hope the next chapter is a lot better.
Sounds like a good sign to me......divorce finalized, and the weather suddenly changes for the better. :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
:dancing:

Glad that it's finally over, Mark. We'll celebrate accordingly this weekend. :)

The weather report has changed...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMcG said:
Congratulations. I am confident that the next chapter you write will be great! :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
MArk it can't only get better from here! you have left a Dark part of you life be hind. now it is time to move on and ride more.

Now if you could just figure out that shock ........
Looks like I'll either have to run the Cane Creek in 3.75" mode or modify the shock shuttle with a dremel tool to make it work in 4.5" mode (which I'd prefer to run with the Z1 up front).

OR

Alternately I could put the Fox Float AVA back on the bike.

At least I have it in a state that is rideable for this Friday and Saturday.

Are we still going to ride at Soapstone now that Jollytime won't be able to join us?? I don't know the trails too well in there.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I Are Baboon said:
Case Mountain, Manchester, CT, 11:00. That place has about a dozen entry points, so we still need to figure that part out. Everyone is welcome back to our place after for post-ride chow (we're 30 minutes from Case Mtn though).

Case Mountain details at BikeRag.
Line St is the best place to park.

384E to exit 3. Left at the light (at the end of the exit) then go past the golf course and look for Line St on the left (the sign was missing last time I was there, so look for a pole minus the sign). Parking lot is up a little ways on the left.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
No need to worry about the weather for this weekend. I sacrificed my knee to the Gods of Mountain Biking and Weather last night at Tyler Mill. (I'll be able to ride by Friday though, one way or another - shhh, don't tell them).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i gotta see if i can make it. was out last week, and i've got a friend's bachelor party on sat (late late night...might not make it up for the 'nam ride sunday... :dead: )

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Weather tomorrow: Sunny and 70.

:cool:

REMINDER:
tonyhawk said:
Line St is the best place to park.

384E to exit 3. Left at the light (at the end of the exit) then go past the golf course and look for Line St on the left (the sign was missing last time I was there, so look for a pole minus the sign). Parking lot is up a little ways on the left.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
tonyhawk said:
Would that be the Gulf Rd parking area?
We usually park on Hopkins Road, which is a left off 140 (before Gulf Road). There is no lot...it's just a dirt road and we park on the shoulder. But either way works for me. We'll get lost no matter where we park. :)

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Well, I could invite Nurse Betty and her husband HotLips' Mechanic (more bikerag people) - they live nearby and ride Soapstone all the time, so we would definitely not get lost. I'd just need to know where to tell them to meet us...