Quantcast

old 1 1/4 fork parts

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
i am building up an old alpinestars hardtail, but i need a couple of parts. does anybody have any old suspension forks or stems and headsets. i would prefer that they are in relatively decent shape, but anything ridable will do. i also would welcome parts that are of the same early 90's vintage ie. grafton, kooka, onza parts. anything would help.

James, I just saw this and may be able to help you out. I've got a fair amount of old 1.25" stuff, including stuff from my Alpinestars Al-Mega XTR. Chase me down on RideMonkey in the SoCal section, on BikeMag.com in the Garage section or on DirtRag.

Off the top of my head, I can think of:
--1.25" Alpinestars/Zoom stem, 1.25" Ringle Zooka ahead-stem, 1.25" King headset, 1.25" Manitou Mach 5 with coil spring kit, ...not sure what else. All of those are in good to great shape, but the Zooka has a steel main bolt instead of the original ti version.

conleycm1

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
I have a regular 1 1/4'' silver Chris King headset(very good condition), a 1 1/4'' Marzocchi Z2 bomber (1997, 65mm or so of travel, steel steerer); some control tech 1 1/4'' stem (maybe 120mm)

as well as an UNUSED 1 1/4'' King devolution headset. If you don't wanna scrounge for 1 1/4'' forks, use this headset to use any 1 1/8'' fork on the market. it still has the $149.99 price tag on it...

Just name your price on any of the above stuff... :)
PM me if you want...

Chris

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
conleycm1 said:
I have a regular 1 1/4'' silver Chris King headset(very good condition), a 1 1/4'' Marzocchi Z2 bomber (1997, 65mm or so of travel, steel steerer); some control tech 1 1/4'' stem (maybe 120mm)

as well as an UNUSED 1 1/4'' King devolution headset. If you don't wanna scrounge for 1 1/4'' forks, use this headset to use any 1 1/8'' fork on the market. it still has the $149.99 price tag on it...

Just name your price on any of the above stuff... :)
PM me if you want...

Chris
thejames, jump on the devolution and stop abusing your hair follicles!