Quantcast

Old Skool RM Member Looking for Kind-Hearted Help

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
have the shifter, cassette(what size?), chain, wtb front QR wheel, headset(unsealed), have some used ruffian lockons.
let me keep looking, but i'll get stuff together.

what about a friction shifter?

Bonk

Mike Bloss, Hero
have the shifter, cassette(what size?), chain, wtb front QR wheel, headset(unsealed), have some used ruffian lockons.
let me keep looking, but i'll get stuff together.

what about a friction shifter?
I'd really like to get a grip shifter I can cut down. If somebody doesn't have one, I'm almost positive I can find one at the LBS. They've got tons of old parts laying around. Let me know when you're done searchin'. :)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I have a set of Ritchey 2x9s...can you use them? Also have an old set of 3x8 Grip shifts, not really high quality but still functional. Say the word (And give me an address...) and they are yours.

Here are the HS 33s I have...

Bonk

Mike Bloss, Hero
what do you still need Bonk? PM me - I might just have an item or two.

Mark
I still need:

- 5-Bolt Cranks (Square Taper or ISIS...I have a BB for either)
- Skewers
- Cassette (preferably an 8-speed road)
- Wheels (An old XC for the front, something like a Rhyno Lite for the back...I can true them if they're out)
- Grips (prefer lock ons if people have them...they just gotta work, not be pretty)
- An old short length 6-speed grip shifter (one that I could trim down even shorter)
- Used Wellgo, DMR, Planet X (pin grip) pedals
- Chain

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
hey bonk i dont have any parts at home, but ill check at the shop tomorrow or the next day and see if i can find anything i can buy for cheap or whatever. i can prob get the grip shifter and skewers so ill pm you when i find out.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I believe the brakes and shifter are on their way and off the list of needed parts. Anyone else have any updates?
Brakes and shifters are enroute...sorry about that, I have been goofing off for a few days. I meant to shoot you a message saying they were coming...

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
got it. Ive got school til 10 tonight, but im goin to the shop to check it out tomorrow. What size do you need? And color, and quick release I assume?

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Hey Bonk. I've got an old set of SunCR18 wheels, both front and back, with cheapy generic "PowerTools" hubs. The front is still in good condition, but needs truing. The rear is ALSO out of true, but needs a complete rebuild as it keeps breaking spokes.

Not as burly as RhinoLites but if you want 'em they're yours. I'm never going to use them.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
hey bonk, im gonna buy those skewers on sunday when i work, and ill pm you when i get them. Ive just been super busy with my internship, but I promise Ill get them.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
You're gonna buy them?!?! Dude, you don't need to go to that extent. Used parts are just fine. I really appreciate the gesture, but there's no need for you to go buying parts to send.
hey man, if i can spend thousands of dollars on my bikes, i can buy some new skewers for a couple bucks. Ill check for used, but new is more reliable and not expensive at all

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Hey, sorry I havn't poted here in a bit. I'm still working on finding that crank. It actually looks like I've got 2- I found the left arm from one, and the right arm from another. :panic: I'll keep digging.

Bonk

Mike Bloss, Hero
Just to keep people updated, here is what I still need:

- Skewers
- Rear Hub (Old Hope Bulb or Hadley..LX Silent Clutch?? Anybody got one of those?)
- Grips (prefer lock ons if people have them...they just gotta work, not be pretty)
- 8-speed Cain

Thank you to everybody thus far for their VERY generous donations. Your help is greatly GREATLY appreciated.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Sh!t man! Im so sorry! I totally forgot about that! Ive been so busy lately with architecture and physics everything has been put on the backburner. Im gonna scrounge around the shop and see what I can find on weds. Ill pm you with what ive got

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL

- Skewers
- Rear Hub (Old Hope Bulb or Hadley..LX Silent Clutch?? Anybody got one of those?)
- 8-speed Cain

Thank you to everybody thus far for their VERY generous donations. Your help is greatly GREATLY appreciated.
Let me see what I can do..... I might have a set of used Lizard Skins Lock-Ons that I can donate. I have a fixed rear hub for a 6-7 speed cassette if you tracked down a set of FFW cranks instead. (Just another option.) I will see if I can post this on the trials forum as well. I just sold my stock off a couple months ago....

Bonk

Mike Bloss, Hero
Now that I've got free time again and Joey is getting his act together with school again, I'm back to see if anyone else can help out.

- 5-Bolt Cranks
- BB (ST or ISIS...depending on cranks)
- Skewers
- 8-speed Cain

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Hey, I've got some no name flat pedals (They Say K79 and LU-A8 on the inside frame), and two sets of 4 bolt crank arms. One is a Truvativ Hussefelt, and one is a V-Drive XTreme. Both are 175 ISIS, and one of the non-drive sides is stripped out.

Bonk

Mike Bloss, Hero
Hey, I've got some no name flat pedals (They Say K79 and LU-A8 on the inside frame), and two sets of 4 bolt crank arms. One is a Truvativ Hussefelt, and one is a V-Drive XTreme. Both are 175 ISIS, and one of the non-drive sides is stripped out.
Are those pedals with pins?

I need a set of 5 arm cranks because I have a 5-arm trials bash ring for the bike already.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Never saw this thread. 7 months is too long for this kid to wait.

I might have cranks and a BB that will work. I also may have skewers and a chain.

I do have pedals & grips

This stuff will all come from the generous monkeys that have donated this stuff for donation bikes here in Phoenix. I assume nobody will mind.

PM me your addy.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
wow bonk, great to see you around here again! Like some of the others, I completely missed this when it was posted early in the year. How's the bike coming along?

Bonk

Mike Bloss, Hero
wow bonk, great to see you around here again! Like some of the others, I completely missed this when it was posted early in the year. How's the bike coming along?
Thanks man. We're almost there. Just those few parts left in the last list I posted. Joey is saving up some money so maybe we can find him a cheap King hub a build up a good back wheel. The only real important part. Kinda hard for a 15yr old kid to save up money, and I'm silly broke myself. He got some money for his birthday last week, so he's on his way and a little more motivated to save now.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Good to hear. Wish I had a hub I could send him. I assume he has one already, just not one that's idea for trials?

I have a pair of pin grip Kona brand DH pedals. Is that something you'd be interested in?

Bonk

Mike Bloss, Hero
Good to hear. Wish I had a hub I could send him. I assume he has one already, just not one that's idea for trials?

I have a pair of pin grip Kona brand DH pedals. Is that something you'd be interested in?
We actually need a whole entire rear wheel still. Waiting to hear back about some pedals still. Here is the list as of today:

- 5-Bolt Cranks
- BB (ST or ISIS...depending on cranks)
- Rear Wheel (Rhyno Lite or tougher w/ Old Hope Bulb or Hadley..LX Silent Clutch?? Anybody got one of those? We'l take what we can get.)
- Used Wellgo, DMR, Planet X, etc. (pin grip) pedals
- 8-speed Cain (PC-48 or PC-58)