Quantcast

Old Tribute to Finn Hill/St. Eds video

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Anyone know the link (if it exists anymore) to the St. Edwards/Finn Hill tribute video that some guys made a few years ago? Back when there were doubles, drops, ladder work, etc at St. Edwards.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
It's actually possible that I have that video saved somewhere. I used to save all the videos to watch again... If I remember I'll look tomorrow and see if it's on my external harddrive, and if it is I can upload it, if it isn't still online somewhere.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
That would awesome if you had it. I still ride there, and I can never quite put into words how great that place used to be when I talk to other about it. The video was awesome, and highlighted the glory days when you could go to St. Eds and actually learn how to freeride or dirt jump, if you had never tried it before.

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
i've heard st. eds might close as a state park due to budget constraints. if thats the case it might be open season for those inclined to build.......just a thought

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
That would be sweet. The BBTC (or it's new name) are the ones that do the upkeep there anyway. Closing the park just means we have to piss in the woods.

But really, should parks be the first thing they cut? That's just lame.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I may have found the video, but first I need to ask something since I'm not local to there and haven't heard talk of the place for a long time, but was (or is) 76 another name for Finn Hill? One video I have has the filename "finnhill" and it starts with the text "76 will be missed."

If this is the video, I'll post it.

daway

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Seattle
I grew up riding there, and I still ride there at least once a month. I remember riding my first ladder and teeter totter there on my Costco Mongoose MGX bike:shocked:. I could love to be able to hit up dirt jumps or freeride stuff, it's too bad there is absolutely nothing anymore.

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
I may have found the video, but first I need to ask something since I'm not local to there and haven't heard talk of the place for a long time, but was (or is) 76 another name for Finn Hill? One video I have has the filename "finnhill" and it starts with the text "76 will be missed."

If this is the video, I'll post it.
yes it is. those jump lines were sweet!!!

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Thanks for the videos! Those are not the tribute videos I was referring to, but those are similar. The dirts jumps in your videos used to be down the road from St. Eds/Finn Hill, right next to a fire station. They dozed those jumps around the same time that they ruined all the ladders, dirt jumps, drops, logs rides, teeter totters, etc. at St. Eds/Finn Hill. I think that was back in 2003-2004?

Back then, there was a very regular crew of kids (14-16yr old?) that did most of the work. They went off to work or college, the year after the county (or city) tore down everything, so there was no one around to build it back up. Some of those guys made a real nice tribute video, and posted it on there personal website that was devoted to mountain biking I think. That was probably more than 5 years ago now...