Quantcast

Old Twenty 6 Pedal Help

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Hey dudes - I have had this pair of Twenty 6 pedals sitting around in a box for a few years because I lost one of the nuts holding the spindle on. From everything I can gather this is a proprietary nut and can't seem to find a replacement. Does anyone by chance have one of these laying around? These are the ti spindle pedals so I really hate to trash them. Thanks!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its a nut, it can't be too out of wack eh?

What happened to that company anyways? I remember their pedals and stems (maybe?) being all the rage, but $$$, and then it disappeared. Kind of like Straitline I guess?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I think the issue is the cone end to press the busing into the pedal properly...I have no idea what happened to them, these are really nice pedals, almost too light. Guess that's a hard biz to make it in. Maybe a little before their time in the big dollar bling.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Ask the guys at Spark R&D split board bindings. I think Tyler shared cnc machines with them? It was 10 years ago last time i spoke with him but I bet there’s a nut laying around somewhere since they used to disappear and people needed them.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I thought I had something as I remember swapping out the nuts at one point (might be from his original pedals though). I did a quick searched but no luck. I'll keep my eyes open around the garage. I just sold those same pedals on my DH bike over the summer.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
My ten year old Ti-Predators have not been seeing much use lately, but they were great back when I rode flats.

Twenty6.jpg
s

Tyler from Twenty6 was a super cool guy. He helped me out with a school project back in the day by giving me the broke student hookup for the parts I was wanting to buy (spindles/pins/bearings for a platform pedal design). He recommended and sent the down-rev prerunner pins though, as the newer predator pins required custom tooling.

Unfortunately, the pedal project was never completed due to some issues with the schools mill at the time, so I have replacement pins for your prerunners if you want/need them:
Twenty6 Pins1.jpg