Quantcast

Oly area guys

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
It had been briefly discussed a few months back, but we should all get together and see what resources we have as far as getting something like Seatac going a little closer to home.

jackson

Chimp
Dec 23, 2004
Oly,Wa
hey we got some place to build jumps
some locals have been camping up in cap forest building some ramps and jumps
nothing huge yet.

looking closer to town to build?
bmx dirt jumps- Dart maybe to expand ?

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
oly said:
No, more tumwater.

SE lacey would be AMTRACK... Off ruddell Rd.
Yea...people seem to be pretty secretive sometimes so I didn't want to say specifics...

What's with Dart? Info please

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
thesacrifice said:
Yea...people seem to be pretty secretive sometimes so I didn't want to say specifics...

What's with Dart? Info please

it's flat. if you want a place like SST, I think you'd want something that has some gravity assist to it.

that, and Dart has an established crew of diggers. it's not wise to go mucking around where others are doing their own thing. the only smart way to do it, is to become one of the locals and help with the diggin'.

then, after you've been part of the shovel pushing crew for awhile, you can start making suggestions as to whatelse to build and where.

but, as I said, Dart is flat. that means you have to pedal......;)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I'd say dart is more secritive and exclusive than Amtrack. Darts BMX also, and dont think they'd like you showing up and jumping and or digging. Unless you are VERY good and can proove it.

Amtrack was in bad shape i heard.. torn up by mini 50's and littered really bad. Its real flat, and some of the lines require you to pedal hard into a berm, then out of the berm to hit.

There's also the place in tumwater under the powerlines... forget name..... but the soil is very sandy. That place seems real open to change/updating......

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
oly said:
There's also the place in tumwater under the powerlines... forget name..... but the soil is very sandy. That place seems real open to change/updating......
T-bird?

how come I know so much about dirt piles that are so far away from me.....?:D

No footer, under the powerlines.

Attachments

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
'amtrak' is actually running pretty decent right now, but it's too flat to become something like SST, plus that area is starting to fall victim to development. dart isn't really an area where you could build SST type stuff. It's got some great trails established, but they are bmx dirtjump style trails not DH bike style trails. The T-bird trails are gone.

I'd suggest some place with some sort of elevation change (that's not cap forest as stuff up there doesn't seem to last too long) There's a certain hill in tumwater that could provide a bit of potential. We had a trail up there a few years back but the upper half was replaced with some nice homes with a view. That whole area will probably be developed soon anyway, but who knows, there's enough terrain to put something decent in again. It would be fun to have something right in town to ride, maybe then I would ride my mtb a bit more

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Oh yea, i remember that Hill.

T-bird. RIP.... (or good riddance?) hehe.... i was always there in the summer when tonka trucks were more fun than bikes.....

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
oly said:
Oh yea, i remember that Hill.

T-bird. RIP.... (or good riddance?) hehe.... i was always there in the summer when tonka trucks were more fun than bikes.....

worst.dirt.ever.

actually, we used to use the soft dirt landings like a foam pit. :sneaky:

here's another one, for old times sake. Curtis, turndowny.

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
when im not working im willing to put some sweat into something, ill keep a look out for places with potential, you all do the same

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
PNJ, that would be a cool t-shirt....

T-bird, Worst Dirt Ever.... With the simpsons comic book guy on it doing a trick..... but not a very good once since the dirt isnt so good.

Yotes

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Olympia, WA
When may comes around I'll likely be back in Olympia, so I'll be more than willing to help with some digging (provided a couple of mountainboard friendly hits get thrown into the mix).

olytrayne

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
olympia
I'd be up to help dig in the Oly area. There are lots of secretive places with nice hillsides around that would be great for a "flowpark." The cap forest stuff is ok but my guess is anything built up will be torn down in spring. That said, if it wasn't built on the most ridden trail in the forest, it might be different! Wedekind has some great places nearby... Trail 50 isn't the place for stunts.

I'd like to see someone hit DART on a downhill bike!

Yotes

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Olympia, WA
Satsop is where the old nuke plant that was never finished is. Unfortunately none of the spots we scouted out were really any good. There's stuff out in Montesano, but that's a bit too much of a drive.

WSUDirtrider

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
Montesano
oh come on yotes... monte wasn't that far of a drive for you... plus we got to beat up the truck a bit. the skidplate took a big time beating and are going up to the nuke site with me so I can use the press to straighten them during lunch. I'll get some aerial shots of the land from John or Ross tomorrow too.

Anyways yeah now that the logging is done around the DH course I will be up there rebuilding so if anyone wants to help send me a PM and we'll get a day for a work crew or something. As for satsop. we will be cutting in an xc trail up there at some time this summer and once I find the right access road there are plans to put in some northshore style stunts as well.
-Jake

jackson

Chimp
Dec 23, 2004
Oly,Wa
I have been riding out off kaiser rd in this area for a long time. I saw some guy in a private forest truck up there one time and he just waved hello so i assumed it is ok to ride up there building trails i don't know but it sure is a sweet spot to do it
nice drops and hills and tons of natural flowing land.
the land is owned by a private logging company who know it they even care if people ride up there.
To get there go south on kasier off mud bay then cross 101 and the driveway to the lumber yard is on the right the gate to the woods like 20 feet past the driveway to lumber yard. park on the other side of the101 and ride from there.
l