Quantcast

Omfg Happy Happy Joy

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
i just FINALLY got my replacement knee/shin guards from 661 (almost 6 f-ing months after sending them in for warranty replacement).

i am riding at the shed this weekend come hell or high water.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
kirstin said:
gotta keep my porcelain skin and girlish figure, y0.
yeah! porcelain skin and girlsih figure :confused:

pads are highly overrated or maybe i'm just suffering from the feeling of riding naked... (and all cut/bruised up) ;)

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
kirstin said:
i just FINALLY got my replacement knee/shin guards from 661 (almost 6 f-ing months after sending them in for warranty replacement).

i am riding at the shed this weekend come hell or high water.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Which kind are they? My Ricochet's are a bit bigger than I expected. Overkill for the 'Shed probably. But, it's better to be safe than sorry. Better to look like a Storm Trooper than like ground meat. We ladies have to keep our legs looking purdy for the summer season...

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Which kind are they? My Ricochet's are a bit bigger than I expected. Overkill for the 'Shed probably. But, it's better to be safe than sorry. Better to look like a Storm Trooper than like ground meat. We ladies have to keep our legs looking purdy for the summer season...
i got the 661 4x4s... i feel a little bit like an anime character, but hey, they do the trick. i'm trying especially hard to be bruise-free right now, cause next month i'm going to the beach for a week ;)

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Pads are overrated. False sense of security. Then again at whistler i got a huge scar down my arm and it is still there. All because i listened to dbr.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
mobius said:
Pads are overrated. False sense of security. Then again at whistler i got a huge scar down my arm and it is still there. All because i listened to dbr.
so the real moral of this story is: never listen to dBr ;)

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
kirstin said:
haha cause you might end up with this weird silver stuff around your eyes :D
Heh heh...hey, I looked hawt with silver eye liner or whatever the hell it was that I was violated with. :heart: :heart: :heart: :D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
kirstin said:
so the real moral of this story is: never listen to dBr ;)

Thats great advice! :D

I don't think pads are ever overkill, I'd rather wear my pads and not crash, then not wear my pads and crash:dead:

But then again, not everyone rides like me :think:

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
sguhrofst8 said:
pads are good...
what days are u riding? time?
--z--
probably sunday, since it's supposed to be thunderstorms on saturday... earlyish, so i can get the most crashes for my buck ;)

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
kirstin said:
probably sunday, since it's supposed to be thunderstorms on saturday... earlyish, so i can get the most crashes for my buck ;)
I'd be down for sunday. Haven't ridden with Zack or Kirstin in a while...hope to see you guys there.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
jmvar said:
I'd be down for sunday. Haven't ridden with Zack or Kirstin in a while...hope to see you guys there.
ok... top of the pipe run, 10-ish?

ohwait. hrm. do we actually have someone to shuttle us?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Sunday 10ish at top of piperun works for me. I can throw 2 bikes on top if someone has a 2" hitch rack i can throw more on the back.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
DamienC said:
Heh heh...hey, I looked hawt with silver eye liner or whatever the hell it was that I was violated with. :heart: :heart: :heart: :D
yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaw baybee

(silver eyeshadow, it was :D)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
mobius said:
Sunday 10ish at top of piperun works for me. I can throw 2 bikes on top if someone has a 2" hitch rack i can throw more on the back.
schweet. and i can put two on top of my car...

hehe, it'll be as many people riding as people driving ;)

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
mobius said:
if someone has a 2" hitch rack i can throw more on the back.
no hitch rack but I do have a spare tire rack if you car has one on the back. Sadly my SUV is now dead.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Tire rack what kind is that i have the whole for the ball hitch but no ball in it and i have a 2" hitch on the back.

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
mobius said:
Tire rack what kind is that i have the whole for the ball hitch but no ball in it and i have a 2" hitch on the back.
if you have a spare tire on the back of your truck, it connects to that. like on a jeep, or in my case a tooper.

Oct 11, 2004
Frederick, MD
I'm going to try and be there I have a 3 hitch rack and can get one in my truck bed giving us 4 total since I have a cap on it.
Hey anyone interested in a Z1 Dropoff from my Norco. Ridden on it once.Preload is adjusted with a shock pump no rebound control except the amount of oil you have in it. I'm trying to get a super T