Quantcast

OMG STOLEN stuff!!!

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Get this...

We had a party on Friday; or shall I say that there WAS a party at my house, but I was not personally responsible for it and/or what happened.

The problem was that I left my camelbak, gloves, and knee shinguards outside to dry. In the morning the camelbak, the left glove, and one shinguard had been stolen.

All I can think of is that for three years my caustic sweat has been an intimate part of that camelbak's life. The fact that anybody else was brave enough to even touch it is a feat in itself. The glove and knee shinguard were just as gross. What kind of people do this? They have to be very, very dirty.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'll keep an eye out for the thieves and tell them to return the items, then bathe in gasoline.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
H8R said:
I'll keep an eye out for the thieves and tell them to return the items, then bathe in gasoline.
Here is a detailed description of the items:

'02 Camebak Hawg:
-color: faded red with streaks of white salt stains running down the sides and collecting on the bottom.
-The bungie straps on the back are held on with zip-ties.
-There is a set of rusted allen wrenches inside, minus the 4mm and 2mm
-Some spent C02 cartridges and a patch kit with no patches in it
-Empty bottle of Gatorade
-There is probably a tube with a snake bite on it in there too

Glove: 05 Oakley with carbon fiber knuckles, you will know it's mine b/c it's so crunchy with old sweat it should be holding it's shape as if my hand were still in it.

Knee Shin Guard: Fox North Shore:
The description of this should simply be "disgusting".

Please if anyone can get me any information on these very important items if will be more than happy to give them a token of my appreciation (i.e. autographed picture or maybe a taco at La Cabana)

EDIT: Even though I'm being lighthearted about this I still miss the stuff, it's not like I don't need it/use it. That glove cost a LOT of money. :(

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
What is it about those Oakley gloves that makes them all stiff from sweat? I have a pair too and they get gnarly quick and I don't sweat much.

Bum luck yo! If I see any hippies out in the woods with your swag I'll be sure to end their life painfully and slowly.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
DLo said:
That sucks.. hope you get it back. I asked myself the same questions when all of my gear was stolen along with the rest of my car.
If you car was as gross/revolting as my gear then you sir, have way bigger glandular problems than me.

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
El_Chimichanga said:
Here is a detailed description of the items:

'02 Camebak Hawg:
-color: faded red with streaks of white salt stains running down the sides and collecting on the bottom.
-The bungie straps on the back are held on with zip-ties.
-There is a set of rusted allen wrenches inside, minus the 4mm and 2mm
-Some spent C02 cartridges and a patch kit with no patches in it
-Empty bottle of Gatorade
-There is probably a tube with a snake bite on it in there too
Just so everyone here knows, I, too have a red, faded, salty old '02 Camelbak Hawg. So if you see a guy on a blue bullit with a pack that fits this description, don't clothesline me or toss a stick in my spokes.

Besides, I doubt El Chimichanga would want to get within 10 yards of my camelbak. I'm a professional microbiologist and that thing scares me.