Quantcast

OMG Subaru wants $328 to change spark plugs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
That would make a fabulous custom title...

:evil:
hehehe - seriously though - if you are not a great mechanic, just go to the shop. It's just easier. Wait til you start working on the Nissan. :help:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Make friends with a mechanic... i am so luck like that!! I work with a guy who is a mechanic for the city of NY. he can trouble shoot with tthe best of them!!! he gets the parts at cost... charges me retail, without any labor charge.. unless its a huge job. and his tip??? a case of beer !!! NICE he also shares that case with me as he works on it!!!!!

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
keeping_it_real said:
Feel ashamed that you own a mountain bike but dont have the ability to change a set of sparkplugs.

You should never buy a Landrover product.
WTF are you talking about?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Brian HCM#1 said:
Thats because you brake like Fred Flintstone:nope: :D
No, but I do have a standard transmission. :thumb:

Shouldn't you be hanging drywall or something? :eviltongu

neanderthal said:
Want your Subaru fixed for free? (Well sort of.) Get a Subaru Mastercard. You get a 3% kickback which can be used for a new Suabaru purchase or used for repairs at any Subaru dealer. Using the Subaru Mastercard, I have paid for all of the scheduled maintanece.

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?partner_dir_name=subaru&page=cont&mkid=60MN&msc=Z0003088
Let me get this straight.

You spend $500 on a repair. You get $15 as a "kickback"..... doesn't that mean the repair still cost $485? :think:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Brian HCM#1 said:
To do it half ass.:rolleyes: You should have the rotors turned before installing new pads everytime.
Funny....my father put himself through college as a mechanic and NEVER did that. Nor did he do that when he raced Super V or Showroom Stock.

You do NOT need to turn the rotors down UNLESS you've warped them and the brake pedal pulses under pressure. And that came directly from my mechanic when I questioned him about new rotors/turning down rotors when I switched pad compounds.

Of course, then again....a car is transportation. Who gives a damn if I have to put a $15 set of pads on it every 20k? Doesn't bother me any.

robdamanii said:
Funny....my father put himself through college as a mechanic and NEVER did that. Nor did he do that when he raced Super V or Showroom Stock.

You do NOT need to turn the rotors down UNLESS you've warped them and the brake pedal pulses under pressure. And that came directly from my mechanic when I questioned him about new rotors/turning down rotors when I switched pad compounds.

Of course, then again....a car is transportation. Who gives a damn if I have to put a $15 set of pads on it every 20k? Doesn't bother me any.
yet again, you've ruined a thread because you KNOW IT ALL.

Thanks.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
robdamanii said:

Just because your father put himself through college being a mechanic doesn't necessary make him a good mechanic, I've seen several ones that should say far away from tools. Sounds like the advice you got was from that type. It's not a matter of $15 each time to change pads. It's the safety of you and others when your rear end someone because your brakes were serviced half ass'd. I have never been told by anyone it's fine just to slap new pads on. Any reputable shop will tell you to turn or replace the rotors. Then again at your age you've been around cars enough:rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.