Quantcast

On the beer menu for tonight...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
While it was served in totally the wrong glass, it started out very yeasty and makty. By the last third of the bottle it turned completely around and was very fruity. It poured with alot of haze and sediment, but I couldn't tell when drinking it.

A bargain at $5 per bottle.

Honor

Chimp
Oct 16, 2003
TEXAS
if you like Belgian, try Meredsous 8. Kick ass, in the Trappist style, and much better on draft if you can find a good pub serving it. And, of course, the Chimays go without saying...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Honor said:
if you like Belgian, try Meredsous 8. Kick ass, in the Trappist style, and much better on draft if you can find a good pub serving it. And, of course, the Chimays go without saying...

La Trappe is a better Trappist Ale than Chimay in my opinon... not but a lot tho and both are in my stock.

Honor

Chimp
Oct 16, 2003
TEXAS
never had a La Trappe. Will probably have to go to houston to a REAL beer outlet (it's lacking here, mostly good ole boy beer aka weasle piss) Grocery and liquor stores here carry only a few good domestic brews like Fat Tire and Sierra Nevada, and a few imports like Boddington's, Newcastle, and the Chimays. :mad: Pubs have really good beers, but at a cost

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
At a tasting hosted by National Geographic several weeks ago, they served Orval Trappist along side Goose Island Matilda from Chicago. I'll be damned if it didn't hold it's own compared to the authentic Belgian. Give it a try if you see it in your local beer store. :thumb:

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
This was from the other night...I do have the proper Chimay glasses...but the beer tastes just as good in a glass that I busted my a$$ to earn

My wife must really love me because she brings me the large blue bottle once in a while