Quantcast

One CD you listen to all the songs.....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no skipping.....

I'll be looking ino getting his other stuff at a later date....

this one too...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
DRB said:
Scott H. Biram's The Dirty Old One Man Band. He opened for the Th' Legendary Shack Shakers last week. Kinda like the Black Keys but even more unfinished.

DRB, you have any T-Model Ford or RL Burnside records? you'd dig them. the Dirtbombs is another one...Mick Collins is great.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
DRB said:
Scott H. Biram's The Dirty Old One Man Band. He opened for the Th' Legendary Shack Shakers last week. Kinda like the Black Keys but even more unfinished.

good call King of Friday, the only one of his I have so far is "Lo-Fi Mojo", need to add that one to my collection

and one CD I don't skip any songs on, Reckless Kelly "The Day"

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
narlus said:
DRB, you have any T-Model Ford or RL Burnside records? you'd dig them. the Dirtbombs is another one...Mick Collins is great.
I saw RL with Jon Spenser 10 or 12 years ago. I've got Mr. Wizard which gets lots of play at our house. Definately like T-Model. Biram is very much like them except he is a lot more frantic and white.

The more stripped down it gets the more I like it. (Guess that explains why blues and punk are my favorite kinds of music).

It was funny when I got the Black Keys the folks at the store were a little surprised that I didn't have it already. It has forced me back to the Fat Possum website for a through review of all their acts.

Will check the Dirtbombs out.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Any album by Pink Floyd (with Roger Waters) Iron Maiden, Bad Religion, Glen Danzing (including Misfits) or The Who.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
if stripped bare to the tendon, w/ no regard to any sort of fidelity, is ok w/ you, then post-haste check out the Gibson Bros/Bassholes/'68 Comeback stuff.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
narlus said:
best record by far:

i hope that my typing 'circle jerks group sex' into google image search didn't raise any red flags in the IT room...
I think you will be ok, unless you get an unexpected party invitation in the near future.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
narlus said:
best record by far:
AGREED! I have that on cassette (purchased in 1986?) and side B is blank "so you can ruin the record industry in the privacy of your own home". (or something like that...) So I put this on there...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
An album garunteed to fry speakers, result in long skidmarks and the urge to kick teeth in:evil: