Quantcast

One Industries Trooper

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Anyone have any experience with this helmet? I need to replace my Giro and was thinking I might go for a moto helmet. This one seems pretty well vented and doesn't seem like it will make me look like too much of a bobblehead.

mcrae2112

Chimp
Mar 15, 2006
Duvall
I am thinking about getting that helmet as well. I went and tried it on at a shop and it is definitely nice. Super light helmet and plenty strong enough for goin big. I usually wear medim stuff but the large seemed to fit me best. The venting does seem pretty good but MX helmets are big and they seem to keep your head pretty warm no matter what. Its best to go find somewhere that has them and try them on, especially when your gonna spend $300 or so dollars.

R

richcreek

if you are going to be droping that much cash on a helmet get eather a troy lee or a specialized deviant carbon. the specialized is light as hell and ventalated as well as some xc helmets.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i have seen that specialized helmet, and it is flexy as a noodle. i could push the bottom walls of it (where you put your head in) so much that there was only an inch and a half, 2 inches of space between them. NOT confidence inspiring. i did this in front of the specialized rep for our shop as well as our manager. i straight up told the rep that i didn't think it was safe and that it was not i product i would use. granted this was when it first came out so they may have changed it since then.

motoxracer13

Chimp
Jun 11, 2006
i wouldnt reccommend this helmet for biking, i have it as my moto helmet and love everything about it but it is big and heavy (for a bike) and woulnt ever use it for biking

get a helmet designed for bikes trust me

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
jonKranked said:
i have seen that specialized helmet, and it is flexy as a noodle. i could push the bottom walls of it (where you put your head in) so much that there was only an inch and a half, 2 inches of space between them. NOT confidence inspiring. i did this in front of the specialized rep for our shop as well as our manager. i straight up told the rep that i didn't think it was safe and that it was not i product i would use. granted this was when it first came out so they may have changed it since then.
Have you ever considered that flex may actually prohibit injury by taking up the impact of a crash for you instead of transfering it? Don't judge a product because you "feel" it's not safe; Specialized is a big company who knows what they're doing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bicyclist said:
Have you ever considered that flex may actually prohibit injury by taking up the impact of a crash for you instead of transfering it? Don't judge a product because you "feel" it's not safe; Specialized is a big company who knows what they're doing.
i did consider this. immediately afterwards, i considered how unpleasant it would be to have shards of carbon fiber lodged in my face and scalp.