Quantcast

One of our dogs died yesterday

matts73240

Chimp
Apr 11, 2003
la canada, ca
yesterday morning, i woke up early to get the brakes done on my moms car done before she went to work, when i came inside to wash up, i went into the laundry room to use the big sink, and when i was walking toward the room, i called out of both of our dogs mekiee and daisy, but i noticed that daisy didnt respond to my call. i called a few more times and no response. i knew something was wrong and i ran down the steps and found her. she had died in her sleep sometime during the night. she would have been 12 years old next month.

the vet told us that she had an enlarged heart (common in pomerians), and didnt have much longer to live, but she was on medication. we feel robbed because daisy was just at the vet the day before, and he didnt say how serious her condition was and we got 2 more months of medication. we just feel like he did something so he could charge us more than the vet visit.

its been really hard for us, espically for my sisters. daisy was like our "baby", always happy to see us, never getting into trouble, always willing to chase a ball and give you a licking on your face. she will be sorely missed.

i hope my pic posts. its meikee(brown) and daisy(white)

Attachments

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
our hearts go out to ya man. we lost a weenie the first part of march. he was old, but was always just sooo chill and cool.

Sorry man, enjoy your other one while he's there. That gave me that one thing that I learned, don't take em for granted...........

our condolences, and love the other one double

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I mreally sorry to hear that.. i know dogs become part of the family and id be lost without mine!!!!! peace

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Sorry for your loss man. 12 years is a long life, sounds like she passed on peacefully in a good home.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I'm sorry to hear that. I been wondering lately what it will be like when I loose one of mine. I've got two 100lb labs and both are almost 10. I've heard large breeds don't live as long. I've only had one other dog, and that was when I lived at home. He died when I was away at school, so I never really personally encountered his death. I bet it's hard though. Again sorry for your loss.