Quantcast

OOOH weight weenie pedal bling! TWENTY6 new offerings

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
OK just got off the phone with Tyler and got my pedals back from him, spot on regreased and still no mechanical issues. I vouge first hand for the strength and hammering these will take!
Yes as of the next day or so Ill have a set on the way! (white with red pins most likely)

Anywase heres the Skinny on the new pedal ralleys from twenty6:
1/8" thinner (shaved 3 mills)
Wider platform as well as offset forward (bigger feet will love these now)
Aluminum pin upgrade (available in all 8 colors)
Titanium Nitride coated axles (goldish in color and harder than HE!!)
Standard abec bearings etc all the goodness of the old ones but upgraded

WEIGHT: 339 Grams per pair (with steel pins) 323 grams with pin upgrade

Heres mine after the season so far! LMAO this is just 1 side of 2 pedals! :thumb:
(notice the 2 pins angled differently :D) These have been hammered HARD! Still no issues!

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
hmm, i can swing some i9 ceramic bearings for these :)
I am hunting down those literaly on the other web page on my other screen! LMAO!
Ill post pics of mine, they are actually tougher than cr@p, Ive beat mine and they are still holding strong. Got them back from over a year of beating on them hard and tyler regreased them and that was it, all is still spot on!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
www.twenty6products.com and no they are far from fragile. I have beaten the living crap out of mine DH/FR smacked rocks etc, flat landing hucks etc... I sent mine in to be serviced and all that was done was inspection and grease. They are still fine no bearing issues, still straight and no problems at all. I figured Id drop coin and go for it over a year ago and assumed they would be trashed like my other pedals, nope! Still going strong like new.
They were in the new decline issue with a write up on Tyler as well, maybe it was DIRT. Either way his site is basic obviousley but his products are boutique and very bomb proof!

Last edited:

BlackAthlete

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
a "mill" is actually a mil and is 0.001". I think you mean millimeter.

"Mils" should never be confused with millimeters. They are an English measurement.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
travis beats the crap out of these pedals. he is a big dude and hammers on stuff. if they can handle him, they can handle anyone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
a "mill" is actually a mil and is 0.001". I think you mean millimeter.

"Mils" should never be confused with millimeters. They are an English measurement.
Actually, a "mill" is a unit of azimuth, like degrees. There are 6400 mills in a complete circle. We used these when we were shooting rockets downrange.

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
Nice!

My 6foes were great. Never had any problems with them at all. I just wanted them to be a little larger in platform and Tyler looks to have addressed that.

Looks like hes done a great job with those.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i vote we drill the **** out of them with speedholes like dump said...

ti nitrdide? hmmm ala old school boXXer. rad.

not my speed but they are nice

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
+1 for Tyler. He's an awesome guy to deal with, gave me a call 2 months after I got my levers just to make sure I was still happy with them. I'm curious to see some "real" pics of Bullcrew's pedals when he gets them.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
not feeling the alu pins (snap city!), but otherwise these are looking nice. Unless they have no concave (can't tell from pic). Flat is a deal breaker.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
not feeling the alu pins (snap city!), but otherwise these are looking nice. Unless they have no concave (can't tell from pic). Flat is a deal breaker.
Actually flat is better IMO, you can adjust the center pins for more traction vs using a concave to try and hold the foot stationary. If it didn't have center ball of foot pins Id agrea with you 100%, but afrter rocking them this year the center pins are far better tahn the concave. I am currently riding my xpedos till the new ones come in, and my old ones are for sale. The xpedos have a small concave and no center ball foot pins, so from first hand experience the flat with center pins is a huge grip improvement! Just my .02 based on side by side comparison and the fact that i have more bone chips and scars on my shins! :D

As far as the aluminum pins snapping youd have to hit them on a rock (which would hammer any pin). You wont have enough weight and load to shear a short pin with a sticky shoe, just not enough shear torque!

Last edited:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
it's shocking that everyone isn't using Millimeters and therefore Mil as an abbreviation for it because everyone is using the far superior metric system.
Ally pins probably are a great idea, damage a pin instead of damaging a hole:clapping:
Contender for My Wellgo Mags perhaps. Would have to be stronger, even with the "speed holes".

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
it's shocking that everyone isn't using Millimeters and therefore Mil as an abbreviation for it because everyone is using the far superior metric system.
Ally pins probably are a great idea, damage a pin instead of damaging a hole:clapping:
Contender for My Wellgo Mags perhaps. Would have to be stronger, even with the "speed holes".
They are way stronger than a mag pedal, my xpedos (made by welgo) would have exploded long ago. When they say you get what you pay for its true, Id have gone through atleast 3 sets of mags so far. I am about saving weight so it works great, lightest and strongert then anything comparable.
3 sets of mags would be $210 these set me back $250 (originally, btw I have blown through 3 sets of xpedo mags in a season) so 2 more rock crushing smacks and they have saved me $ :D:D:D:D:busted:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Posted a pic in 1st post of the pins angled differently! Thats just this season so far, they have been driven far past what i expected to them survive, I figured when I sent them back the bearings would be tattered or the shaft bent, something besides gouges and bent pins! Nothing to report as far as mechanical failure or loss of grip. I did blue loc tite 2 pins and that has been the only maintenance!