Quantcast

open folders from another account without switching users

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
how you do that?

say am logged as user01 (limited user), and i want to open folderA from the administrator account?

its kinda too bothersome to log out, and then log in as administrator each time i need to to that.
its not be a good idea to give permits to that folder to limited accounts either. i thought about that, but people might screw up stuff.

i find myself having to do that kinda often, so i was wondering if there is any way to open the folder without logging out and logging in. something like when you use the shift key to get the RUN AS option for applications..

anybody knows how?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
windows system or *nix? i had a script type thing that allowed me to have admin privs from the terminal in linux (gentoo). i only ever used it when i was plugging in my wireless card haha.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
jonKranked said:
windows system or *nix? i had a script type thing that allowed me to have admin privs from the terminal in linux (gentoo). i only ever used it when i was plugging in my wireless card haha.
uh, are you describing sudo? :D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
we don't use folders or gimmicks to create access in unix...

chmod 777 /directory

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
johnbryanpeters said:
While logged into an administrative account, right-click on folder, share it and appropriately set the permissions.
That would still be permanently allowing access to a non-admin account, though, wouldn't it?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
binary visions said:
That would still be permanently allowing access to a non-admin account, though, wouldn't it?
i thought about that too, but i rather not to. lots of stuff i dont want everybody to have access to.
its might not be a good idea to give permits to that folder to limited accounts either. i thought about that, but people might screw up stuff.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Give that script a shot. I haven't tried it but I'd be interested to know how it works for you.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
binary visions said:
Give that script a shot. I haven't tried it but I'd be interested to know how it works for you.
thanks.

i tried the script today.
the PU script allows me navigate and do stuff anywhere in the hard drive thru the dos shell with my ol´1337 dos commands skillz.

although it doesnt allows me to browse thru the graphic shell yet.:think: