Quantcast

Opinions: FELT bikes

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I know nothing about road bikes. My current "road bike" is a fixed gear Miyata from the 80's. With that said, I've been browsing around the lbs and they have these bikes from Felt that look really nice and are (better yet) in my price range. Obviously the guy at the shop stands by 'em, but I'd just like to hear from others before I start seriously considering something.

Thanks!

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
My buddy has been riding an F60 for about a season now and really likes it. He doesn't put a ton of miles on it, but no problems yet.

J

JRB

I have a friend with one that has carbon stays and a 105 group and he loves it.

mtbingdude

Chimp
Jan 17, 2005
felt is a great brand, we sell them at our local bike shop. only thing with felt is you have to buy it one size smaller then normal... so if you normally ride a 56 you would ride a 54 in a felt. reason for this is that the top tubes on felt bikes are slightly longer then most other road bikes. go to your local bike shop and take 1 or 2 of them for a spin, they are great bikes for the price.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Felt is good stuff, very comparable along product line price points to other good bikes in the same range. They have a cult following, so another Felter will likely chase you down to chat.

That said... fit is everything :) If you're gonna spend that much money, might as well invest in a pro-measuring.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I have two friends, one on the low end F90 and another on a carbon ended version with Ultegra 10-speed.

I know the CF one is nice, but he doesn't put a ton of miles on it.

The F90 has had the snot ridden out of it and it is still going strong. Not the best bike out there, but definitely a good deal and a solid spec list. The Tiagra shifters are nice at that price range and it has a decent wheel set. Cranks are square taper and heavy, but whatever.

I'd say that if it fits you alright you should go for it.

The Ito

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
LordOpie said:
oh, forgot the most important part... steel is real.
True that.

Well thanks for the responses, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't buying the Mongoose of road bikes, only to find out later. :clue: