Quantcast

Opinions on Trek Session 10

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
Anyone out there have any opinions on the Trek Session 10? I am not a racer, nor do I ever plan to be, however, one of my buddies may have a used one blah blah blah. So, is this a good steed for a weekend lift-access warrior/once a year trip to Whistler kinda guy that doesn't race? Thanks y'all...

dan the man

Chimp
Sep 30, 2006
in a cold dark place
if it is anything like the session 7 then steer clear of it. The session 77 was/is heavy and feels very sluggish. I never felt like I was in control of the bike when I got to play around on one because there was too much compression when sat apon. Even when I increased the compression on the spring it still felt sloppy and sluggish. Nearly impossible to bunny hop on one. It's mushy but that is about all there is to one. But if you are looking to just ride it straight off walls, then I say go for it. But this is the experience I had on a sesion 77 not the 10, so the 10 might just rip....

But if you are looking for a 10" travel ride that costs an arm and a leg, then look into a v-10. Not a freaking thing wrong with those rides

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Yeah i 2nd V-10's, but it sounds like your buddy is selling you his sess 10 am i right? well test ride it first and if it feels good to you then blamy, looks like a killer ride.

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
Sesh 10 is way different than the 77 from what little time I've spent on both. And yeah, I would not be plunkin down $5500 on this--might be a deal in the works. But I've read/heard different opinions that says that this is the ultimate freeride bike that actually pedals well, and that this is a pure race machine. Either way, thanks for the input.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
So, is this a good steed for a weekend lift-access warrior/once a year trip to Whistler kinda guy that doesn't race? Thanks y'all...
One of my mates just got one i reckon it would be perfect for the riding you describe. It certainly is a quick bike corners really well, I think its a bit heavy about 4.5lbs heavier than my morewood with a similar build and as a reult not as responsive. If you've got local lift accesed riding then that probably not as much of an issue. The riding in Ireland is flat and pedally so it is more of a big deal. If you just want something that hauls ass and can plough through stuff it will be pretty good for that. Where i think it looses is the price for similar money you could have a foes or something way cooler than a trek.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i think it would be good too its a really strong bike that will last a long time although like al-irl said its heavy. one thing that may go prematurely is the linkage a buddy of mine has the bike and by the end of the season of racing all ontario cups and some bromont mud fests had a good clunk when you lift the seat.

other than that pedals like a rocket, and can cahnge the geometry to suit manny different riders.

the way i look at this bike is the american version of the commencal supreme dh look at them side by side and you will se what im talking about.