Quantcast

Ordered a new trail bike...SB66c. Can't wait.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Just got a call from the shop. Bike is on it's way to them, so should have it ready to ride in the next week or so...

Originally kinda wanted the teal, but he said those were a month+ out if I wanted to wait or I could have the grey that's coming in....so grey it is.
Hey man, are sure the shop got the color situation right? The only reason I ask is because I know two people this week who switched from grey to turq, so they could get their bike sooner. (I was one of them,
mine shipped yesterday. : ) Congrats either way!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Hey man, are sure the shop got the color situation right? The only reason I ask is because I know two people this week who switched from grey to turq, so they could get their bike sooner. (I was one of them,
I'm pretty much at the point, I'll take it either way as long as it's a large. Although, I know I haven't been waiting as long as some people...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
So what about your matching TLD kit you bought for the original color choice? Hopefully Butch did not talk you into a custom painted matching helmet too.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
So what about your matching TLD kit you bought for the original color choice? Hopefully Butch did not talk you into a custom painted matching helmet too.
Ironically, if you saw how much our custom yeti jerseys accidently matched this bike, you would throw up in your mouth a little. I will have to post pics soon to encourage this chain of events.
(Ha, I say accidently because we did not pick them out.)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Just got a call from the shop. Bike is on it's way to them, so should have it ready to ride in the next week or so...

Originally kinda wanted the teal, but he said those were a month+ out if I wanted to wait or I could have the grey that's coming in....so grey it is.

I can taste it now
Hey man, are sure the shop got the color situation right? The only reason I ask is because I know two people this week who switched from grey to turq, so they could get their bike sooner. (I was one of them, mine shipped yesterday. : ) Congrats either way!

Grey, Turq, whatever it don't matter right? I'm pickin' mine up tomorrow and so long as it's made from tube socks and super glue, I don't care what color she is. Mmmm... 6x6 inches of carbon fiber super-bike lovin' on the way and riding Monarch Crest on Saturday! So stoked right now, mine's been on order for a long time.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Grey, Turq, whatever it don't matter right? I'm pickin' mine up tomorrow and so long as it's made from tube socks and super glue, I don't care what color she is. Mmmm... 6x6 inches of carbon fiber super-bike lovin' on the way and riding Monarch Crest on Saturday! So stoked right now, mine's been on order for a long time.
Exactly. I know some of you guys have been waiting for a while. Now I just need to sell my Knolly and Chromag :(

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
KAPLOW!

Just picked it up, so stoked right now. Build happens over the next couple of days. First ride will be a little 30-mile high-country jaunt called Monarch Crest. Ride reports, imminent.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
what happened to this thread? I'm pretty much set on getting one of these. I'd been eyeing a deal on a Remedy 9.9, but since I'm going to be out of the country (and not riding, really) until then end of summer 2013, I held off.

Now I'm jonesing for one of these. Is there anything "new and improved" coming up for 2013?

I've also started to look at the carbon covert too. They appear to be heavier, and more expensive for an equivalent build. I found that pretty surprising.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Dealer boned me. Trying to get my $2000 deposit back to possibly buy somewhere else after waiting more than 4 months. If I can't get it done through my CC company, I will have to take him to small claims. It's been a nightmare. Meanwhile, I've just been riding my trusty Chromag.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Jeebus. That sucks. I think competitive cyclist still has some on sale for a good deal. Just big ones though.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Tell me about it. I ordered a large. The dealer I ordered from is about an hour from me. It's the same guy I bought my Knolly from and that went great. I don't know what happened with this, but the customer service was sh!t and its just been a disaster.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Yeah man, that sounds like you got the shaft from the dealer. A local shop has ordered and sold a ton them since you have had yours on order. Hope you get it worked out soon man............now stop reading this post.

Peach, I have been riding and racing the wheels off of mine and it is my favorite bike I have ever owned.
Its just flat our awesome, and I would describe it more, but I am too tired from riding it all over Pisgah all day. :D

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That's garbage. And they have your money? I'd be plotting bad things for that shop. At least they should give you your deposit back then you could get one elsewhere. But I guess that's obvious.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Peach, I have been riding and racing the wheels off of mine and it is my favorite bike I have ever owned.
Its just flat our awesome, and I would describe it more, but I am too tired from riding it all over Pisgah all day. :D

I'm debating what kit to get. Of course, things will change over the next 8 months... I'll get XT or better, clutch derailleur (i read somewhere they're worth it), prob the 34 (I'm not that heavy a dude), and I think a KS LEV.

I've seen on (wince) MTBR that folks have been putting coil shocks on 'em. CCDB air? I'm sure the RP23 will be fine...

I'm a highly non-competitive rider, who will be spending the next 8 months growing my beer gut on a work project overseas without much opportunity to keep in shape, but this will be my little gift to myself at the end of it.

Good thing is, there is a local shop here who will be carrying them in 2013. We'll see what they're asking when the time comes.

JerRRRR What kind of racing are you doing on it?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
That's garbage. And they have your money? I'd be plotting bad things for that shop. At least they should give you your deposit back then you could get one elsewhere. But I guess that's obvious.
The money is tied up in some credit card purgatory. I used my credit card for the buyer protection. I have gone around and around with the shop owner and he is telling me that he has tried to refund the money but my bank has to request it, which I think is BS, but I don't know really how banking stuff works. So, I filed a complaint with my bank and am working on getting them to charge it back, which they said it could be an issue since it's longer than 120 days past the initial charge date. They are still going to try and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, I think I have two options: a) drag him into small claims court, which don't think I'll have a problem winning, since I have a long chain of e-mails from him stating he owes me the money back and he was trying to refund it or b) just tell him to get me the damn bike and take more off the top for the hassle. I wouldn't mind getting the bike, but I would still be bitter about him getting the sale.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Since nothing has changed hands, couldn't the cc company just cancel the transaction?

Isn't this part of "consumer protection" that cc companies charge a fee for?

I'd be going apeshiz.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Since nothing has changed hands, couldn't the cc company just cancel the transaction?

Isn't this part of "consumer protection" that cc companies charge a fee for?

I'd be going apeshiz.

That's what I'm trying to do. I filled out a form from the bank that had a box that said 'merchandise not received'. I've filed disputes before through my bank and never been charged. I have a credit union.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
The money is tied up in some credit card purgatory. I used my credit card for the buyer protection. I have gone around and around with the shop owner and he is telling me that he has tried to refund the money but my bank has to request it, which I think is BS, but I don't know really how banking stuff works. So, I filed a complaint with my bank and am working on getting them to charge it back, which they said it could be an issue since it's longer than 120 days past the initial charge date. They are still going to try and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, I think I have two options: a) drag him into small claims court, which don't think I'll have a problem winning, since I have a long chain of e-mails from him stating he owes me the money back and he was trying to refund it or b) just tell him to get me the damn bike and take more off the top for the hassle. I wouldn't mind getting the bike, but I would still be bitter about him getting the sale.
I am seeing some red flags here. Refunding a credit card transaction is a easy as charging it in the first place. Charge backs are bad and can cause the guy to lose his credit card processing. It is also pretty standard for credit card processing to have terms that state you can only take a 50% deposit unless the merchandise will be delivered in 7 days. It doesn't sound like he has a leg to stand on when it comes to stopping a charge back.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Funny you should mention that. At the last enduro race I did, I wore a piss pot lid with no goggles,
and when I got to the finish of two of the stages, I had a contact lens sitting on my cheek. Fail. Lesson learned.

Funny, that number plate makes it look like something bad has happened to your fork.

No goggles, no dropper post... Are you even trying?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
6 months on mine so far. I like it quite a bit. For me , I've been loving the fit of the size large. Not everything has been perfect though. I'm on my 2nd swingarm. Front end is rock solid, but the rear feels like it could be more robust. I've got a small list of things they could improve. Thing is crazy fast, and I've logged a ton of miles so far.