Quantcast

ordered a TOP today...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Sold the DOC for a mint to get this sexy frame.

Ill post some killer build pics once she is up and running. Rays here i come.

Updated w/ some pics now:

Look how rigged this is till i get my new axel and tuggs :banghead:

Bikes make me do odd things...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
now the question is should i buy the black chris king headset and orange eastern pedals i want for it?

On the white frame? All black components otherwise? Any opinions?

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
If you haven't used Eastern Pedals before, they have really small pins, almost non-existant. If you don't mind that, or prefer that style, great! If not I would suggest looking at Animal, or the orange Fly Ruben pedals.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
If you haven't used Eastern Pedals before, they have really small pins, almost non-existant. If you don't mind that, or prefer that style, great! If not I would suggest looking at Animal, or the orange Fly Ruben pedals.
great man, its for park so im not totally worried but that sorta sucks :rant: ...

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
savois. :greedy:

im ordering one in the next couple of weeks. or i am waiting for a double. i kinda want a new bike NOW though. haha :biggrin:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
savois. :greedy:

im ordering one in the next couple of weeks. or i am waiting for a double. i kinda want a new bike NOW though. haha :biggrin:
yeah the double is DECENT, i actually thought about using the fully in the park this winter but opted out...The white TOP is to hot right now, if it could only go on a diet...:banghead:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the deathmobile along with alot of these 26" street frames are waaay overpriced, the transition had everything i want with good angles, clean lines, simplicity, sharp colors and a pretty nice graphic scheme...

Still wanted to purchase a non existant 26" fall guy from landon but he wont comply. o well.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
you cant beat the bang for the buck on the ToP.. like you said the frame is a bit heavy. My build is at 30.5-31 lbs... you should have looked at the Black Market Riot frame... same geo as the mob, but diff tube set and a better price.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Careful. My TOP decided to punch me in the face today. He's aunry.
You can't see in the picture, but it hit me in the gums above my top teeth some how, and ripped most of them out of my mouth. That nice little cut on my chin looks minor, but when you pull it apart you could see deep inside my inards.:twitch:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Hey everyone thanks for the props on the frame, i got her built up last week and rode rays on friday, bike rides incredible...I am really stoked on transition as a company at this point.

I will post full build pics soon but i am waiting for a bolt on axel for my outlaw wheel and some chain tuggs. I am running a rigged singlespeed qr set up right now :banghead:...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
nice ride!

nice pics by the fountain or whatever it is too. can you ride in that thing? i am certain it is illegal, but could you ride it. (I visit pitt pretty often for work and always wanna bring my bike to ride downtown pitt -it looks full of potential for street riding.)

How far is it from Pitt to ray's?

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Wow, sick kit. Can't imagine you'll be bringing it to Moab though. Gotta get back there before Ray's closes.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
its official, im putting my talas 36 on my top.
I would totally do it, i know you can slam them even more if you go with the vanilla 36.

The fountain is actually ridable, i mean there isnt anything saying you cant but if cops were around they would prob throw you off, I am guessing you could get a quick session in then get the hell out of dodge.

There is a great fountain in oakland, let me know if you are in town, i live a few blocks from the stadiums, i can show you around.

The head angle is a bit slack, but i am a big fan of keeping my mountain bikes as mountain bikes, i dont have much bmx background so i dont mind a bit more angle. IMO it rides great.

Justin,

I will be bringing the bottlerocket to moab, i need to talk to you about that, Matt and i have a plan which involves alot of riding,beer,skiing and ummm beer. talk to you soon.