Quantcast

Oredigger MTB Challenge @ SolVista

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
The Colorado School of Mines Cycling Team is hosting the Oredigger MTB Challenge @ SolVista on September 15 and 16, 2007. Events include XC, STXC, and Downhill.

While this is primarily a collegiate event, we will have Open classes for DH and XC.

The lift is FREE and entry is only $20. All event entry fees for Open categories will be pooled and awarded in cash as follows: 75% Payback for Open categories (DH and XC): 1st - 35%, 2nd - 25%, 3rd - 15%

Race details: http://www.CSMcycling.com

Bring your buddies and enjoy a nice wrap up to your race season at a great resort :thumb:

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Because our road team was racing D2, and the MTB team was D1. USA Cycling says no mixing as of this year, so the powers that be decided to bump everything to D2......does it make sense, I think not.....oh well.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Thats right biatchs!
Brian, you may not be able to qualify for nationals with the small size of your team. Your best shot in DI is to apply for one of the very few individual spots. Think it over if you really want to get to NC - I know you've got the skills to make the podium in DI, it's just a gamble if you'll actually be able to go. Send an email to the conf director to make sure I'm not making things up :twitch:

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
After closing their lifts labor day weekend for public use, this is your FINAL CHANCE to get some riding in at SolVista. The lift will be open to racers and spectators during the event.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
The California Kid will be making a showing it looks like.

I was planning on riding Fruita and Grand Junction this weekend, but it looks like I'll just have to postpone that until the 17th.

And does anyone feel like biking in the Boulder area the week before this event? Looks like I'm going to be around from Tuesday until Thursday.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
After closing their lifts labor day weekend for public use, this is your FINAL CHANCE to get some riding in at SolVista. The lift will be open to racers and spectators during the event.
Does this mean I can bring my bike and ride the rest of the mountain even though I'm not racing?

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Open class at SolVista - $20 entry and 75% payback! XC and DH​

Oh, and need I mention the High Speed Contest?!? That's right, we've got a radar gun and we're actually asking you to go as fast as possible on the DH! During your race run, your speed will be recorded at the last road crossing (after the big 'ski jump') on trail #2. The day's fastest rider will receive a donation of $100. Simple. :cheers:

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Thank you racers!

We hope you enjoyed this past weekend's event. SolVista proved to be a great venue for stop #2 in the Rocky Mountain Collegiate Series. As always, we're open to suggestions for improvements to the event for next year. Please send feedback to: bturman[at]mines.edu

Congrats to our winners!
Open DH - Todd Olsen ($270 prize!)
Open XC - Jason Soyer ($100)
Men A DH - Matt Fisher
Men A XC - Colin Cares
Men A ST - Brian Alders
Collegiate Single Slalom - Brian Buell
High Speed was 37mph and a 5-way tie!

FULL RESULTS AVAILABLE HERE

See you at the Ft. Lewis event,

Brandon Turman
CSM Cycling President