Quantcast

Oregon trip

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
well the story is I'M travelling over from Ireland to the Hood river area the start of march, il be bringing the small bike (Devinci Dixon) with me so is there any Must hit trails or even better some one to show a guy around?
if its a weekend let me know, I can show you around.

What do you like to ride? XC death marches, ENDRUOBRO? This will help me tailor a ride plan for you.

Do you have a car? Length of stay? Ect, details will help this be awesomer than just awesome

Josef

Monkey
Apr 17, 2013
Richard, shoot me a PM when you get over here. I will take you for a spin if I am not traveling at the time. Stop in to any of the local shops and they will point you in the right direction (Dirty Fingers, FTF Demo Shop, etc). There are tons of options close to HR like Post, and Syncline on the Washington side. There are also tons of other riding options a little further way if you will be around for a while. What ever you do, don't let wiscodh tailor anything for you.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
If you can swing it, go to Oakridge. That said, not sure about weather/conditions in early March.

But seriously, everyone should go ride in Oakridge at some point.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
Richard, shoot me a PM when you get over here. I will take you for a spin if I am not traveling at the time. Stop in to any of the local shops and they will point you in the right direction (Dirty Fingers, FTF Demo Shop, etc). There are tons of options close to HR like Post, and Syncline on the Washington side. There are also tons of other riding options a little further way if you will be around for a while. What ever you do, don't let wiscodh tailor anything for you.
mouthugs and lotion less pepper grinders for all!! Lets ride Josef, I don't even know who you are :)

Oakridge was clear last weekend I heard. I think it may be snowed in right now tho. The way our winter is. HighP will be open in march.......

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I would hit Blackrock in Falls City as well. A little drive South but well worth it IMO.
Trying Oakridge is taking a chance with snow and blowdown. And I am not sure why all you guys are so fond of Oakridge. If he is in the Hood River area there is a lot of good stuff. And Oakridge is only really good if you can access the highest elevations (long ENDURO runs), which is unlikely in March.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
I would hit Blackrock in Falls City as well. A little drive South but well worth it IMO.
Trying Oakridge is taking a chance with snow and blowdown. And I am not sure why all you guys are so fond of Oakridge. If he is in the Hood River area there is a lot of good stuff. And Oakridge is only really good if you can access the highest elevations (long ENDURO runs), which is unlikely in March.
send me a message when you have better details n whatnot.

Josef

Monkey
Apr 17, 2013
Haha I was just messing with you wiscodh. You can PM me too for a ride sometime.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Honestly if I was in hood river for any period of time I wouldnt worry about riding much. I would just head down to double mountain and jam as much hop lava or vaporizer as physically possible down your neck hole.

If that wears out try...

Syncline is weird PNW riding but right accross the river so check that.
All the local hills behind HR
Oakridge (is prob the best) - go to brewers union 180 after

If you are kinda out that way riding Mckenzie river trail is super mellow but a fun day, get a bloody mary at that diner on the way prior to riding that am...

ya there is lots of beer talk in my post but that area is gold for post ride beers.