Quantcast

OT:Anyone have experience with these cell phones?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I havent owned either but I've gotten good reviews from my friends with the LGs, they seem to like them a lot and are quite versatile and have many features. I myself have a Audiovox CDM8900VW with Verizon.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I've heard decent things about LG - but have had good experiences with Motorola (they're tough)- not sure about either of the models though.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i ride with my motorola all the time and the antenna has broken off 6 times, and been glued on 6 times, and the reception is better than ever. Ive had it for more than 2 years too. Same phone.

Low_QuaLiTy

Chimp
Sep 27, 2004
ride with my motorola all the time and the antenna has broken off 6 times, and been glued on 6 times, and the reception is better than ever. Ive had it for more than 2 years too. Same phone.
Maybe i should brake my antenna either to make the reception better. Don't buy si*mens. :( LGs are also not the best choices...

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I have monochromatic Motorola V60. I like it. I don't play games or other stuff so I went with the cheapest flip-phone I could get. My g/f has a T700 series color LCD version she bought a few months earlier. The color LCD is flickering. Hopefully it will last for her, but she doesn't rely on her phone as much as I do.

This was the first Motorola phone I've owned. I had a Audiovox prior (terrible) and a Bell Atlantic specific Nokia prior (rated as one of the worst phones EVER).

I've been happy overall with the Motorola. It'll hold a charge for 3-4 days on stand-by with varying talk-time. Verizon uses a type of network where the phone is constantly "pinging" a tower. If it can't find a tower, it'll keep trying to find one until the battery dies. I'll turn the phone off if I know I'll be spending time in a no-coverage area. Fortunately, Verizon coverage is pretty good.

No experience with LG.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I like Motorola. I've had no problems with them Right now I'm using the V600. It an awesome little phone. It takes exceptionally good pictures for a camera phone too. I ride with it, but I put it in an otter box while riding. My wife uses the Sony/Ericsson T610. Awesome reception, terrible pictures. Very small, and no antenna to brake. Both have blue tooth.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
heres the scoop, im a cell phone service technician, dont get a motorola, here in my shop we do more repairs on motos than any other cell phone. the charging ports are horrible and wear out/break apart and the lcd's break waaaaaay to easily. lg is the best performing phone made currently. it was either consumer digest or consumer reports that named the lg 6000 the best produced phone on the market and they are not kidding. i have NEVER seen one come back for repair. i am on my 3rd lg only because they keep comin out with new phones so i get a new one. the first lg i got still works perfectly. However right now i would not get an lg 5550 because there is a manufacturing flaw with them that is causing the lcd to go black and the speakers to go out. motos are just selling on the name now not the performance.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
After reading everyone's opinions and experiences, I really wish companies let you test out phones for a couple days...

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
Biggins, I love the avatar...but since you brought up the service aspect...what line of phones do you see the most by Motorola. I've never had a problem with my V70, or my V600, but they're nice phones too. I wouldn't complain much if I was given a cheap little free phone, and I had to have it serviced every once in a while...it was free. In most cases I believe you get what you pay for. Kind of like if I had to service my huffy after a good ride on a trail. I can't complain much, it's a huffy. Now if I was having to do that with a high end bike I'd be a little pissed.
Good point to bring up though. I bet that's the last thing on their minds when deciding on a phone.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i have an LG 5350 right now. after a year and 2 months, the speaker is going out. had a Moto Star Tac (the silver one) for 2 years with no problems, except the antenna breaking. i'm about to buy another Moto; the V60v.