Quantcast

OT: My truck and lightening

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I think my truck (00 Tacoma) may have been hit by lightening this week. We had quite a storm Monday morning. First off, my radio has completely stopped working. It's an after-market Kenwood and it's completely dead. I check all of the fuses and everything looks normal. Now, I'm getting an intermittent ABS light to come up on the dash. Anybody ever heard of anything like this?

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Originally posted by Mr Tiles
I think my truck (00 Tacoma) may have been hit by lightening this week. We had quite a storm Monday morning. First off, my radio has completely stopped working. It's an after-market Kenwood and it's completely dead. I check all of the fuses and everything looks normal. Now, I'm getting an intermittent ABS light to come up on the dash. Anybody ever heard of anything like this?
You should have bought a Tandy.......

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by dh girlie
that was an awesome movie and I can't remember the name of it...what was it?

yes, that was Max. overdrive.

but there is another movie called 'Trucks' that is the same movie. I'm not sure what one was made first but they are, as far as I can tell, the exact same thing.

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
haven't you ever heard of maximum extreme? 2??

sorry.. but maximum overdrive just reminds me of that movie joey's character starred in in Charlie's angels.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
haha, just shows you once again that the japs should stick to mopeds and box-shaped compact cars :D sell it and get a silverado or sierra
Yeah, that'd be great if he didn't actually want a good truck... :rolleyes:

Toyotas are one of the most reliable trucks in existance with the highest resale value of any truck.

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
Originally posted by binary visions
Yeah, that'd be great if he didn't actually want a good truck... :rolleyes:

Toyotas are one of the most reliable trucks in existance with the highest resale value of any truck.
yeah, ONE OF... but the THE most reliable.. so like he said.. go pick up a real truck :D

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
haha, just shows you once again that the japs should stick to mopeds and box-shaped compact cars :D sell it and get a silverado or sierra
after seeing my buddy's brand new Z71 bed crumple like a wadded up piece of paper trying to do what I did in my truck, I knew I'd never own one. The only one I'd consider would be an older zr2 or something, with a solid axle conversion of course...

Actually, I bought my truck brand new in 2000 and this is the only problem I've had and I believe the problem was out of Toyota's hands - i.e. lightening strike. Zod can fill people in about some potentially dangerous steering problems associated with the silverados. All mfg'ers have problems with their vehicles. I've had the best luck with yotas, that's all.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Originally posted by Mr Tiles
Zod can fill people in about some potentially dangerous steering problems associated with the silverados.
Yea, the danger is that if you're used to the little Jap steering wheel in a Taco then you might not be able to handle the power of the Chevy beeotch! :D

Archslater

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
Indianapolis
Originally posted by zod
Yea, the danger is that if you're used to the little Jap steering wheel in a Taco then you might not be able to handle the power of the Chevy beeotch! :D
"little Jap steering wheel".
"japs should stick to mopeds and box-shaped compact cars"

Was this thread posted in the 70's?:D