Quantcast

OT - Welders in the Bay Area?

GregBik3r

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Bay Area, CA
I'm building a buggy, actually more of a mini-sandrail. The kit comes complete with everything, unwelded.

That's basically all I need to have welded, in addition to the front and year A-Arms and motor mounts. If you're curious, the engine is going to be a 2001 Aprilia RSV Mille R.

Soooo, who are some quality welders in the SF Bay Area? About how much am I looking to spend on getting this welded? Is it realistic to shoot for under a grand to get it welded?

Thanks, if this isn't an appropriate place for this thread, I'll move it.

Raacerx

Monkey
GregBik3r said:
I'm building a buggy, actually more of a mini-sandrail. The kit comes complete with everything, unwelded.

That's basically all I need to have welded, in addition to the front and year A-Arms and motor mounts. If you're curious, the engine is going to be a 2001 Aprilia RSV Mille R.

Soooo, who are some quality welders in the SF Bay Area? About how much am I looking to spend on getting this welded? Is it realistic to shoot for under a grand to get it welded?

Thanks, if this isn't an appropriate place for this thread, I'll move it.

From the look of the thing, I think youd be hard pressed to get it welded for under a G. I cant really recommend anyone personally (i do all my own welding) but Id talk to some of the BMW racing or similar shops. The guys who do the cages for the race cars are generally quality welders, but expensive. There are a good bit of custom 4x4 companies around, but I'd make sure to check out some of their work before you commit to anything.

that said, there are a lot of independent welders around and you might try posting the same question on Pirate4x4.com or a similar website, otherwise break out the phone book and just start making a lot of phone calls. Ive got a Millermatic 210 MIG if you get the itch to do it yourself

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I bet if you mentioned "Free beer for a welding job" on Pirate4x4, you'd have a bunch of bay areaers within seconds that are willin to help you do this :D

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
These guys do a solid job. A friend of mine had some work done to his bike.

Weiss Welding Incorporated
1237 Folsom St
San Francisco, CA 94103-3816
Phone: (415) 861-8410

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
LOL, I would have to agree with Pirate4x4. They will do anything for beer. I'm on there known as NitroRClover... but seriously, put an ad in wanted for a welder, I am sure you can get something.

God I love that site.