Quantcast

ouch ouch ouch

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Clipped a small tree at high speed today. Sent me down very hard. Head was ringing after for a couple of minutes. Left side of body looks like hell shoulder arm, hip... ribs are super sore... but the worst part is that something happened to my leg. I had to ride out spinning with one leg, and tonight I can barely walk. I can put weight on the leg if it's straight, but as soon as I engage my quad (even slightly) it's really painful. Quad is basically disabled.

Odd part is that there's not a mark on it no bruise, nothing. Can't figure out what happened to it. That would have fuk'd it up this bad.

Anyway so the racing season is probably over just as it was getting started. This is probably going to take me out for a few weeks if not longer :(

Walking into work in the AM is going to be a task, lots of stairs... :think:

Panda

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Louisiana
I had a very similar OTB's a month or so ago. Bruise on my leg showed up 3 days later on the oppisite side from the pain. Took about 3 weeks before I could walk with no limp and 5 weeks before riding wasnt painful. I iced daily.

Good luck

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
doctor, better than RM for problems that are medical. (unless Toshi is around)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. +rep.

Sounds like your thigh went between the bar and the frame. Look forward to three to four ****ty days of walking and lifting your leg into your car.
happened so fast I just remember seeing the ground coming at me VERY fast... the bike was still with me for sure... so that may very well be what went down.

i can walk today... just hurts. last night i was fukd up, could barely get around the house.

gonna get on the trainer tonight and just spin low resistance.

Ribs are pretty bad too... I have what looks like something stabbed me in the ribs. Coughing=bad... sneezing=OMG.

Last edited:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
On the positive side, back pain is now a minor or forgotten issue!!!!
Hah... totally. Still did my core stuff last night though :)

BTW I managed to get on the trainer and spin for an hour yesterday... I can produce descent power when seated, I'd say 80%. However if I get out of the saddle to really put it down It's quite painful.

Im going to try to ride this weekend and see how it goes.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Sucks, hope you heal up fast! I'm going to say that I am the master at hitting trees though, note the video. I am notorious for hitting trees no matter what I ride. A few weeks ago I was riding my motorcycle up in the sierras, just got to the end of the trail after a long day of riding and it happened. I was 3rd wide (so happy it was not faster) and this time slammed my right foot peg into a giant boulder I did not see. Sent me flying over the bars and somehow my bike stayed upright against the rock. Bent the crap out of the foot peg and destroyed my right boot, haha.

Anyways, hope you get better soon!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Got a 2 hour ride in today. Leg was pretty good. Got tired faster thant the good one but I think the racing season is still a go... on Wednesday it was really bad so I thought it was over.

A bad friggin bruise has surfaced in the center of my quad... looks about the size and shape of the end of my bar. I think it stabbed the sh!t out of me, lol!