Quantcast

Our New Spot

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
Well our buddy Jacob [Cob] has a pretty big backyard and we used to have a pumptrack and some little jumps but some how he convinced his parents to rent a bobcat and to flaten their yard. The plan was to get dirt to make some gnarly DJs but his father hadnt booked the dump truck or the dirt so we decided to just dig around the base of the jumps, no holes. We built the berm around the old barn, and the first little speed jump right as we were told that building in the big open part [where we had planed] wouldn't be good as they might get horses or something. we were bummed until we built the 2nd and then the wooden lip for the 3rd. the landing for the 3rd went up in about 2 days with atleast 2 people building throughout the day. wooden lip was put up on Tuesday of this week and it has already seen a dumped 3 and some gnar
anyways, heres a link for a vid of it.
detailed pics and plans to follow
http://www.vimeo.com/1399149\
if you havent before, check out Jack's vids from before. he broke his leg the 2nd day of summer trying to flip the a new jump at post office in aptos. the video can be found on that link

sorry for no vid of the dumped 3, jack had to go take his pills so there was no video
haha

Last edited:

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
nice!
i've been following jacks videos ever sense the first post office video.
it's crazy to see how good you guys have been getting.
that spot looks super fun!
oh, i have a question that;s kinda off topic.
what grips are those on the bike at the end?

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
nice!
i've been following jacks videos ever sense the first post office video.
it's crazy to see how good you guys have been getting.
that spot looks super fun!
oh, i have a question that;s kinda off topic.
what grips are those on the bike at the end?
haha thats my bike!
they are spank lock ons
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=18165&category=3312
they are gnarly dirty.
they work, but really arent the best but what do you expect from 20 dollars?

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
so while i was at work my buddies decided to get rid of the first 2 jumps and make them rollers. the 3rd, or now the 1st, has a bigger landing

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
Nice dumped 3s. mad steez. You should make the landing a bit wider though IMO. I really shouldn't be complaining, I'd be lucky to have those first couple rollers at my house haha.

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
Nice dumped 3s. mad steez. You should make the landing a bit wider though IMO. I really shouldn't be complaining, I'd be lucky to have those first couple rollers at my house haha.
i also suggested to widen it but no one else wants to put in dig time because they just hit it all day

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
here are some ninja shots of our new line:
run in berm to first jump

double for the 2nd, then the 3rd is a hip to the left followed by a berm [where the dude is standing]

we are not sure what we might do after the berm, it might split into 2 lines, 1 that goes hip, hip, berm, double. the other would be double, double, berm down to the trick jump/wooden lip. but on that one we were thinking building a kinda of platform on the old barn and then a drop off. that probably wont happen

bad pics from my phone, sorry, better pics when its done

Last edited: