Quantcast

Outback?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Isn't it a little late to be worrying about that? Shouldn't you have figured theat out before you bought it? :p

My dad has had several oxygen sensors replaced in his '04. They've all been under warranty but nobody is sure why they're going bad. If you start getting a rough idle and/or a check engine light, that may be a cause.

edit: restored because I don't know how much has changed between '04 and '06 models, and it may be nothing at all, hence information about '04 might be useful...

Turd

Chimp
May 25, 2006
Big Sky Country
Just picked up an 06 Suburu Outback and wondering about the pros and cons of this model and year Subaru-
Got a 05 XT 5spd. I've ran Mobil 1 since new and it burns a little oil. The rear driver side door lock gives me problems when its below zero. Also the stock tires suck. Thats about it. Great car...very safe and crazy fast. Just put some Blizzak's on it and its amazing in the snow. Get some Husky floor liners front and back and your set.

http://www.huskyliners.com/floorliners.html

-Turd

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Got a 05 XT 5spd. I've ran Mobil 1 since new and it burns a little oil. The rear driver side door lock gives me problems when its below zero. Also the stock tires suck. Thats about it. Great car...very safe and crazy fast. Just put some Blizzak's on it and its amazing in the snow. Get some Husky floor liners front and back and your set.

http://www.huskyliners.com/floorliners.html

-Turd
I'm willing to bet that you're running 5W-30 M1. Subies have a tendancy to consume this grade of synthetic (well documented on NASIOC), my WRX will use about 1.5 quarts in 5k oil change intervals. Switch to a heavier grade and the problem will likely go away.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Isn't it a little late to be worrying about that? Shouldn't you have figured theat out before you bought it? :p

My dad has had several oxygen sensors replaced in his '04. They've all been under warranty but nobody is sure why they're going bad. If you start getting a rough idle and/or a check engine light, that may be a cause.

edit: restored because I don't know how much has changed between '04 and '06 models, and it may be nothing at all, hence information about '04 might be useful...
Our '96 just had a new one put in, they are supposedly a common thing on Outbacks needing replacement.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
We rented an 06 this last weekend and were so impressed with its handling in the snow and comfiness that we went out and bought an 07 yesterday :biggrin: I've known a few outback owners and they are all rabid about them. The fuel sensor thing does seem to be a weakness though. Even the salesman mentioned it..