Quantcast

Outbound DH evo lights ?? Or ?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
How does that helmet mount attach to your helmet? Is there some kind of threaded female receiver in the helmet or what? I'm looking for a similar mount that will avoid a permanent adhesive mount, to use on several different helmets. Lots of options with bulky straps but nothing I've seen is that clean.
I always make sure my helmets have go-pro mounts/adapters...and I always make sure the lights I buy offer go-pro style mounting.

Same reason, I don't like f-ing around with straps, plus I want to put my lights on ski helmets sometimes, etc.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
How does that helmet mount attach to your helmet? Is there some kind of threaded female receiver in the helmet or what? I'm looking for a similar mount that will avoid a permanent adhesive mount, to use on several different helmets. Lots of options with bulky straps but nothing I've seen is that clean.
Yeah, the Smith Forefronts (1 and 2) have a threaded screw hole right there built in to the helmet. The 3D printed doodad is specific to the Forefront, it has a rib/lip on the bottom that sits just inside the vent hole to prevent it from spinning or turning side to side. It's pretty slick.

Edit to add pics of my helmet...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Pretty slick, thanks. Guess you could just drill a hole in one of the adhesive mounts and maybe stick a piece of rubber in between but yeah, super clean set up. :thumb:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Been doing nightrides with the V2 Gloworm, but tonight was the first real "all at night" night ride, 2hrs 45 min. Still had 4/10 bars left at end, around 26F.