Quantcast

Outta towners going to Wintergreen

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Time for my annual pilgrammage up to Billysburg to visit the 'rents.

My son and I are riding Wintergreen this saturday. I'd love to go back to Snowshoe but that is out of range for a day trip. Anyone else going?

Also I'd like to hook up for a mid week Richmond urban next week if possible.
Day or night is cool.
Thanks

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
definalty take pics and report on the trails. i would love to have a close place to ride this year. i'm in the same boat as many other people, how can only day trip places and snowshoe is juist too far for day tripping (even though i have done it twice)

have fu

peace

vwmtnbiker

Monkey
May 15, 2004
manasscrack
wow...not to sound like a tool but thats kinda pricey...is that for an actual ride on the lift or is it a shuttle pass? and def. post some pics if you can...i really want to see the place before i drive down for the day.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
vwmtnbiker said:
wow...not to sound like a tool but thats kinda pricey...is that for an actual ride on the lift or is it a shuttle pass? and def. post some pics if you can...i really want to see the place before i drive down for the day.
thats to ride the lift and you can get a ton of rides in in opne day. i mean a ton of them.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I just got back home from our trip up there. We rode saturday as planned and the weather could not have been better. Warm and overcast with an occasional breeze. The trails were in primo shape. Thanks Corby.
The lift/trail access ticket is $35. For $10 more you can rent a Kona Stinky.
Not bad if you forgot your bike.
The trails and stunts are just as I remember them from a couple years ago.
Everything man made was solid and in good shape. Maybe 1 or 2 nails that could've been pounded down.
The lift is short and fast, they hang your bike and unload it for you.
One guy's wife shot some pics but I don't know if he posts here.
We were having too much fun riding to take any pictures.
I'm planning on another trip up there before the season ends.
Everything about Wintergreen blows away Sugar. If I lived within 5 hours of WG I'd hit it on a regular basis. I'd also do at least one Snowshoe trip as well.

BTW, I couldn't find the Darecase :thumb: