Quantcast

Over the glasses DH googles????

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
Anybody know of a good pair of over the glasses DH goggles with a clear lense. I know they make them for skiig but I have not found a pair that has clear lenses that fits over a pair of glasses. Contacts are a pain when you are camping............

thx

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I use regular Utopia goggles and peel out the foam above the lense to increase air flow. Except for extreme circumstances this has worked fine for the past few years for me.

-ska todd

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
mx goggles in general are larger than snow goggles. I have a pair of spy's and a pair of utopias. I don't wear glasses but I'm pretty they'd both work. Check local MX shops, and try before you buy!

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Now, for those of you who ride with glasses on, are your glasses lenses plastic or glass? Mine are glass, and it worries me that I might get eye damage should I crash on my face or something. Is this something I should be worried about?

(I tried four kinds of contacts last year--to no avail.)

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
Mine are plastic.

My main reasons I like to wear googles:
1) dust
2) sticks
3) you can't feel the wind, reduced sense of speed. If I feel the wind I say, holy shiat I am cooking, if I fall at this speed it is gonna hurt! LOL

freeridermtb4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
oakley makes goggles specifically made for people with glasses, I think they are called the oakley mx m frame, look on their website

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i myself dont wear glasses, but i do know that they make prescription lenses for googles. i know of one company that makes these, and the company is called zeal. i myself dont have any experiance with the company, but they seem to have some solid googles, and glasses. so you might want to give them a shot and see how that works out. hope this helps out man.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
i've never worn my glasses under the goggles....i just started using contacts & i think i'm lucky that i'm having no problems. I know some people who use our goggles (Utopia)...inlcuding SkaTodd. as he mentioned, he would pull out the foam from the top vents increase airflow...& other people i've spoken to also cut out slits on the side of the foam to fit the arms better. but as i said, i've never done this personally....so don't take my word for it.