Quantcast

Overtime equals...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Wow!! is this to help get you through that little root section straight?

coming out riding it this weekend then?

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Sunday link, the old girls still got loads of life in her!

Haha, yeah and to calm down the rest of my scetchy as fook lines!!

Unfortunetly no riding 'till the weekend after next :rant:

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
You've got a lot of hate for the Sunday eh?

Yeah it's pricey. If I ever change frames I'll get it retuned if it needs it. I can't see the point retiring a frame I still love which has nowt wrong with it.

Plenty of replacement parts kicking about if open your eyes.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Mike, how could you? Your youngest will probably be going without nappies for a month, all because daddy bought a French sex toy, oh the shame... ;)

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
You've got a lot of hate for the Sunday eh?

Yeah it's pricey. If I ever change frames I'll get it retuned if it needs it. I can't see the point retiring a frame I still love which has nowt wrong with it.

Plenty of replacement parts kicking about if open your eyes.
Don't take it personally...Butch hates on EVERYTHING and ALMOST everybody on the internet. :rolleyes:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
And you don't have to grind it to fit the shock.
so you got it because its beefier?
I believe the stock link has contact issues that prevent many aftermarket shocks from working on that frame. If memory serves me correctly there are a couple other bottom links out there that were made for specific shocks. Only other option, as Dox pointed out, is to grind the original link to get the new shock to fit. I don't think the links are designed to change the suspension in any way however, only designed to get the shock to fit.

OP: very nice upgrade:thumb:

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Eh no, the old one would contact the shock. I assumed you were aware the stock one doesn't fit the Stoy and wanted to know the exact differences. I was just mentioning it's a bit burlier that's all.

Ya work in an Audi dealer, oh the joy.

Edit, damn I write slow...

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
doesn't that shock cost way more than a 3 year old out of warranty frame with little to no replacement parts?
3 year old out of warranty frame that has held up a hell of a lot better than a lot of others I've seen. And there are plenty of replacement parts, pearce-cycles in the UK started machining all the hardware for them - not that the 07+ stuff needs replacing unless you hack something up anyway, but it's there if you need it.

Don't hate on someone for buying something nice for their bike, just makes you sound really bitter. :)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

Don't hate on someone for buying something nice for their bike, just makes you sound really bitter. :)
My hatred is not aimed at him, but the crap company that ran what I considered an awesome bike out into the gutter. I owned one and loved it and am dying to get my mits on the newest rendition from Turner, especially since I've got to ride the Sunday decked out and the DW-DHR decked out.

I've even had the pleasure of riding the original lime green World Cup edition from a friend with all the inherint hassles of the old parts and liked it.

If everything you say about easily finding parts for them is true, then good on everybody.

And all my jokes are funny to me, nobdoy else. It's not hate I'm spewing, it's just a lack of emoticons and "quotations" and "lol" and "rofl"...:rofl:

You can clean your bike before putting shiny new parts on. I know it's tuff to "no care I'm a rider" but come on.

Sundays are great bike still.

Even dirty ones with shiny links that probably had dried dirt placed back into the links, bearings and axles.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Believe it looks a lot worse in the pics than in real life, there's no dirt in the link etc.

Woh there Markus, I'm not the one with a trail named after him! I reckon there will be plenty of crashtastic photos when Glencoe comes round!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You can clean your bike before putting shiny new parts on. I know it's tuff to "no care I'm a rider" but come on.

Sundays are great bike still.

Even dirty ones with shiny links that probably had dried dirt placed back into the links, bearings and axles.
In fairness to the rider, I'm sure he flipped the bike upside down and only needed to clean a 12 inch square area on the underside of the frame to install that.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Why the hell would I put a new tyre on, I've not done my first race of the summer yet I'm still just hacking about the woods, besides the trails are dusty ;)

Finally got to ride this thing today, really impressed. Stable is the word of the day.

I started with the base settings given in the owners manual thing and after a few runs slowed the rebound down 1 click and reduced high speed by 4 clicks and the low by 3 (I think).

It's a strange feeling as it manages to somehow be lively and completely composed at the same time!

The old DHX3 felt lively and poppy but if the trail started to get rough I felt it got out of it's depth pretty quick and I was pretty much just holding on!

The Stoy definetly feels as lively but as soon as it gets rough it just eats everything up and stays super stable, it doesn't seem to get flustered at all!

Don't get me wrong, it's good damn good, but I doubt it's gonna make all that much difference if any to my race times, I just ain't a racer lol!

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
one sunday with a CCDB, and one sunday with a...

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
That's just greedy ;)

Edit- Is that a ti spring on there? Will it fit? The steel one on mine is mighty tight and has rubbed on the frame slighty already, it's only a 250 aswell.

Last edited: