Quantcast

P.A. Dry Hill getting Chairlift!!

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
The NFC is proud to annouce the installation a two seater chairlift and the devolpment of Washingtons new premier mountain bike park on Dry Hill in Port Angeles, WA.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
So heres a little more to increase the wetness.

The chair will have a mid-station, load and unload roughly were all trails start now, and continue to the peak of Dry Hill to more than double the elevation drop of the current trails. There will be a large network of trails flowing from the peak of Dry Hill. Also a new 4X course, Slalom course, Dirt jump area, and the intruduction of downhill specific 4X course and downhill specific jumbo sized dirt jump park! All of which will flow down to the Jabrone Wild Fire Pub, where you can fill your belly with grubbing eats from the wood fired oven and wash it all down with your choice of the tasty beers on tap. There will also be a excavation/trail crew that operates three days a week (monday thru wednesday, closed days) with a skeleton crew working during park hours to keep everything fresh. Enjoy!

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
The "Slaytastic Mountain Park" (official name) is leaning towards a late Sep. early Oct. opening as this park will be open year round, minus a 1 month closure from mid Dec. to mid Jan. for repairs and equipment maintenance.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
What? your in Bothell. Ten, fifteen minutes to the ferry, 20 minute ferry ride (time the ferry right with a schedule), 1 hour drive off the ferry and BOOM your shredding. I'm not sure where you think there is anything closer.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
Day passes will roughly be 18.00 a day and a yearly pass will be 180.00. Yearly pass holders will get discounts on races and special events and discounts at participating restaurants and hotels in Port Angeles as well as the Jabrone Wild Fire Pub of course.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Well this is way cool! Please provide a link so we can see if this is for real. If for real will there be any easy stuff I can ride on my XC bike?
I like the way this guy lets out info a little bit at a time. Is he making it up as he goes along?
Something like this would require permits and such from some government agency, mayde some google searching can turn up something.