Quantcast

Packing sucks...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, it's a preemptive pack sucks. I start a new job, ironically with the same bank I was let go from 3 months ago, on October 3. That job is located in Denver, so I'm moving!

They gave me a good bump over the base we had discussed, which is a nice little note on how much they are valuing what I bring to the table. It's still commission, but the base is a bit more liveable. It's going to be nice working a true 40-hour work week again. I'd take a pay cut to be able to live life any day.

I've got 2 weeks to get pretty much everything that's not daily usage packed up and ready to go. I'm taking my Forester and a U-haul trailer with what I will need (and whatever else I can carry) to be there by October 1. Wifey will stay in SF and keep working while I get a good commission stream rolling, which should take about 2 months. Hopefully, she will be fully moved out by early-December.

Downside(?) is that I won't be able to post from work, so I'll probably fall off the radar. Plus I'll be able to ride again, so no more living vicariously through those of you who have lives other than work.

Oh well, off to start trying to find free moving boxes and start packing up.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Man, right in the middle of some awesome riding!!! I am so jealous! Congrats on the new position!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Look for a Pottery Barn or Williams Sonoma store and check the back. The boxes they toss are perfect for kitchen stuff. (packing materials, glass dividers, etc)
Bed Bath and Beyond as well.

Good luck on the move. You will appreciate how much better Denver smells than SF.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Well, it's a preemptive pack sucks. I start a new job, ironically with the same bank I was let go from 3 months ago, on October 3. That job is located in Denver, so I'm moving!

They gave me a good bump over the base we had discussed, which is a nice little note on how much they are valuing what I bring to the table. It's still commission, but the base is a bit more liveable. It's going to be nice working a true 40-hour work week again. I'd take a pay cut to be able to live life any day.

I've got 2 weeks to get pretty much everything that's not daily usage packed up and ready to go. I'm taking my Forester and a U-haul trailer with what I will need (and whatever else I can carry) to be there by October 1. Wifey will stay in SF and keep working while I get a good commission stream rolling, which should take about 2 months. Hopefully, she will be fully moved out by early-December.

Downside(?) is that I won't be able to post from work, so I'll probably fall off the radar. Plus I'll be able to ride again, so no more living vicariously through those of you who have lives other than work.

Dealbreaker.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Look for a Pottery Barn or Williams Sonoma store and check the back. The boxes they toss are perfect for kitchen stuff. (packing materials, glass dividers, etc)
Bed Bath and Beyond as well.

Good luck on the move. You will appreciate how much better Denver smells than SF.
Denver smells like a stockyard. WTH does SF smell like?!?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
you usually find people giving away free boxes for packing on craigslist. If you don't have luck w/ free, buying new or used is a good way to go in my experience.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I have had three offers, only three jobs I have applied at, finally took one today.

Have fun on the road trip, I hope to someday work where I want to live.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nope. You're wrong. Most of the 'homosexual' people that you are grossly classify are very well kept. Arguably some of the most well kept people in the City actually. There is a massive homeless problem, which is most of the smell. The rest is the stench of foul bay water.

Oh, and I could go to town on the racial and cultural stereotypes of Tennessee. So how about you don't attack less than 1% of our population? I wouldn't want to offend the entire population of inbred, racist white people.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Nope. You're wrong. Most of the 'homosexual' people that you are grossly classify are very well kept. Arguably some of the most well kept people in the City actually. There is a massive homeless problem, which is most of the smell. The rest is the stench of foul bay water.

Oh, and I could go to town on the racial and cultural stereotypes of Tennessee. So how about you don't attack less than 1% of our population? I wouldn't want to offend the entire population of inbred, racist white people.
I'm actually from SoCal just happen to live hear now but take me to school if you must.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder

Rep given.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Since when is SF less than 1% gay?! Or am I reading that wrong?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
congrats and good luck. i got the call for the new job and had 3 weeks to get my affairs in order before shipping out for a 20 week academy. we were working around the clock to get the house ready for sale....putting it on the market this weekend. i definitely feel your pain with the moving stuff...my poor wife has to deal with all of the stress that comes with having a house on the market while i'm out here in the middle of nowhere cramming for tests and getting thrashed daily during PT. i think i got the easier end of the deal.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Since when is SF less than 1% gay?! Or am I reading that wrong?
Sorry, 4%. The last stat I read was 30k LGBT in SF proper which has 800k residents. Either way, there is no 'diseased homosexual' stench that the bigot was implying.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:cheers:

You're gonna need a DH bike. :D
Soon enough. I have a whole winter to save up for a new* bike though. I need to get my DJ functioning again and give the 575 a bit of love. The 575 is still hurting from Warren Gulch; I'm not getting full travel up front.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Sorry, 4%. The last stat I read was 30k LGBT in SF proper which has 800k residents. Either way, there is no 'diseased homosexual' stench that the bigot was implying.
awesome, that's the second time I have been accused of being a bigot in the last week, which is far from the truth.......rep given :rofl: apperently I'm the only MF on this sight that cannot tell a joke w/o being crucified

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
awesome, that's the second time I have been accused of being a bigot in the last week, which is far from the truth.......rep given :rofl: apperently I'm the only MF on this sight that cannot tell a joke w/o being crucified
It's usually not accidental when you are accused of bigotry by multiple people. Now, I know two is far from a multitude, and I don't know you, but it could be a sign to look inside.

I'm embarrassed by what I find about myself from time to time. :think: