Quantcast

Paging Drunken Ninjas friendz

gonefirefightin

free wieners
good, lol still shitty tho.

What do you think about resurrecting the stinkbike 2.0?

I have the shop space and the tools to bring it together. But more importantly the time being retired and all. If we started Jan we could prob have a few bikes slapped together for dec 22. Do a sub 18 age only deal? Maybe pump them out as they get completed? whats your thoughts?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

I have the shop space and the tools to bring it together. But more importantly the time being retired and all. If we started Jan we could prob have a few bikes slapped together for dec 22. Do a sub 18 age only deal? Maybe pump them out as they get completed? whats your thoughts?
In. 100%
Let's do some good.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

I will participate as best as I can. I have parts I can contribute also.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Never met those guys, but recall seeing the threads - reading before I began posting much.

Good stuff, and I'd happily throw in stuff from my spare parts bins in their memories.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Coolio, I will bring it up in a post after new years and call it a stink tribute.
Anybody know a kid in need of a bike though? I wish we had this pop us 3 months ago; I just gave a ton of parts to my shop that works with a local charity for getting people into bikes.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Anybody know a kid in need of a bike though? I wish we had this pop us 3 months ago; I just gave a ton of parts to my shop that works with a local charity for getting people into bikes.
Bikes not Bombs is doing good things. Not just as a community outreach. But also, as a world outreach. They are totally a legit operation and spend zero on marketing and salaries. I am loosely affiliated with Community Bikes here mostly. I have also done work for them in Buffalo and Toronto.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Over the summer I spent some time helping a neighbor's kid get the hang of riding. By the end of the summer he was off training wheels.
have noticed a lot of kids can’t ride bikes yet… they can ride the hell out of a scooter, but not a bike. Quite different from when i grew up. Knowing how to ride a bike is a life skill. Scooter is very much not.

My neighbor has an 8-yr old that has tried, but has the most horrible leaning training wheels on his tank of a bike. I’ve told the parents what to do, but they haven’t taken those darn things off. Kid still can’t ride a bike and increasingly doesn’t want to… so guess what they’ve done… they bought a weehoo and haul him around in that!?!

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
have noticed a lot of kids can’t ride bikes yet… they can ride the hell out of a scooter, but not a bike. Quite different from when i grew up. Knowing how to ride a bike is a life skill. Scooter is very much not.

My neighbor has an 8-yr old that has tried, but has the most horrible leaning training wheels on his tank of a bike. I’ve told the parents what to do, but they haven’t taken those darn things off. Kid still can’t ride a bike and increasingly doesn’t want to… so guess what they’ve done… they bought a weehoo and haul him around in that!?!
I've noticed my kids were definitely among the youngest ones able to ride bikes. I've also noticed that of the kids that even have bikes in the neighborhood, most of the parents aren't on bikes (if they even own one). Only like 3 or 4 I can think of offhand. I feel like being out on a bike with my kids riding with them has had a huge impact on both their skills and interest in riding.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I've noticed my kids were definitely among the youngest ones able to ride bikes. I've also noticed that of the kids that even have bikes in the neighborhood, most of the parents aren't on bikes (if they even own one). Only like 3 or 4 I can think of offhand. I feel like being out on a bike with my kids riding with them has had a huge impact on both their skills and interest in riding.
Absolutely. That’s how it is with me and most of the other first graders riding to school. They ride with their parents. I hardly see any other kids roding that didn’t start out this way.

But once again, my parents never rode with us… nor did any of our friends. They taught us the basics in the driveway then we were on our own.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
bikes have been an integral part of my life forever. I can't imagine not having had a bike in my life as a kid.
(or as a angry old man, for that matter)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Absolutely. That’s how it is with me and most of the other first graders riding to school. They ride with their parents. I hardly see any other kids roding that didn’t start out this way.

But once again, my parents never rode with us… nor did any of our friends. They taught us the basics in the driveway then we were on our own.
I had to learn the basics of offroad riding on my own. When I was a kid my dad would ride rail trails with me, and once I was older we would go camping up in Allegheny national forest in the summer and ride the logging roads.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I had to learn the basics of offroad riding on my own. When I was a kid my dad would ride rail trails with me, and once I was older we would go camping up in Allegheny national forest in the summer and ride the logging roads.
Can only imagine what a better rider than me my kid will be! I’m quite ok with that. Seeing him ride on slushy/icy sidewalks with slick tires, getting unintentionally tail happy, being unfazed and correcting intuitively brings me great joy.