Quantcast

Paging Evil4bc / Brad Hodges

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
I just talked to Brad today, he hasnt been online very much because he is really busy hammering out bikes. Try his email. I dont know if he wants me posting it so pm me or something.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
email brad if you need to get a hold of him. he has 2 huge orders as of a few weeks ago and he is cracking out bikes and parts as quickly as possible for everyone. he will get back to you as soon as he gets a break, remember, it is a one man opperation and needs an apprentice real bad to do the dirty work;)

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
he will def come through dont stress brad is a good guy and means nothing but the best when it comes to nemisis. dont stress the bars are sick trust me.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Well, goin on 3 weeks now, and as badly as I want...NEED...to ride, I would settle for a simple "you'll have them in 4 days." Or "Crap, I forgot about your bars, I'll get them to you ASAP"
I build rollcages and fab work for race cars, imports and rockcrawlers and at first I was doing kinda the same thing, just taking on orders and taking money. I got REALLY fvcked. It's one at a time now, cuz you just never know what could happen and paying people back after spending the money is horrible!
That, and if Brad's trying to shove out all these orders in a rush he's gonna burn out. I had to give up rockcrawling in order to keep making cages and helping other drivers out. Hate to see that happen to a rider... hire a monkey and take the orders, dude.

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
chill out guys, like dex said brad is a one man operation and needs some time off too. Hes been super busy hammering out bikes I believe that he just finished a batch of bikes, take your pacient pills, bite your lip and just wait.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
chill out guys, like dex said brad is a one man operation and needs some time off too...
And like I said, this wouldn't be as big of a deal if he would have told me there would be a 3-4 week wait. Doesn't matter how sweet they're gonna be if I can't get them, right? I would have just ordered some Atomlabs for now and bought Nem-Pros when they were actually available. And since I STILL don't know what is going on, I don't know what to do. Might call Atomlab today though and drop another fuggin $60 on bars. They just opened the park as of today and I'm sick of watching.

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
And like I said, this wouldn't be as big of a deal if he would have told me there would be a 3-4 week wait. Doesn't matter how sweet they're gonna be if I can't get them, right? I would have just ordered some Atomlabs for now and bought Nem-Pros when they were actually available. And since I STILL don't know what is going on, I don't know what to do. Might call Atomlab today though and drop another fuggin $60 on bars. They just opened the park as of today and I'm sick of watching.
Brad is busy making tens of frames, forks and components for me and the Australian Market. Give the guy a break. Im sure when he is done with our massive order he will get stuck into everythign else he has on his plate.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
are you guys serious? as cool as brad and his products may or may not be, its not really unreasonable to be pissed about having paid for something and still not received it a month later, esp if its keeping you off the bike. understandably hes a one man operation, but if youre going to take peoples money and keep them waiting, the least you can do is call/email/post up some info.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
hmm well tons of other companies do this ALL the time. hell the distributers will do this. if your going to order something, get a set shipping date no matter who it is. simple as that. I ordered a set of rims from sun a year ago, paid up front and didnt ask for a shipping date. 3 1/2 months later they finally showed up, by this time i had gotten other rims. just because you can buy something does not mean it will ship that day. check before you order stuff in the future from ANYWHERE

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
hmm well tons of other companies do this ALL the time. hell the distributers will do this. if your going to order something, get a set shipping date no matter who it is. simple as that. I ordered a set of rims from sun a year ago, paid up front and didnt ask for a shipping date. 3 1/2 months later they finally showed up, by this time i had gotten other rims. just because you can buy something does not mean it will ship that day. check before you order stuff in the future from ANYWHERE
i was given a ship date. 2 ship dates to be exact, one 3 weeks ago and another 2 weeks ago. havent heard anything since. i love my DM but it sucks when youre promised something and it doenst show up with no explaination.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
This turned out to be an interesting topic, not just of Nemesis but in general. The way I see it, (which is bleak) is no matter if you're given dates or a status of availability. We're still at the Mfr, Dist. or online store's mercy. I ordered from Ride-This, some rims which appeared to be in stock, hell that's what it said. Anyways it wasn't in stock and had to wait till they got em in from the dist and then ship to me. Wasn't happy with that one.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Exactly.
Let's say you have a 30 minute lunch break and all you want is one silly taco. You've only got a buck and Taco Johns and Taco Bell are in the same parking lot. The TJ's manager comes out and waves you in, saying his tacos are better(which we know is true!) and you'll have them fast. You pay for your taco and step to the right to wait patiently. In the meantime, a bus comes through the drivethru and orders $500 in Tacos. They decide to fill this order first cuz it's good money and it will pay the bills. Meanwhile I don't know about the bus and I'm standing there like a douche waiting for a single taco. I'm now outof money so I can't go next door and get a different taco, while maybe not as good, is still a taco and will do the job, and I'm late for work. Would you be pissed?
At the very least, you're prob not going to eat there again.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
This turned out to be an interesting topic, not just of Nemesis but in general. The way I see it, (which is bleak) is no matter if you're given dates or a status of availability. We're still at the Mfr, Dist. or online store's mercy. I ordered from Ride-This, some rims which appeared to be in stock, hell that's what it said. Anyways it wasn't in stock and had to wait till they got em in from the dist and then ship to me. Wasn't happy with that one.
Hey, I've done the Ride-This waiting game too! 5 WEEKS for a seat! Haven't been back since. I'd pay twice as much for something to get it when they say I will. Remember when pizzas used to be free if they were late???

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
its not that he is giving your product away, or moved its priority, its that he has to finish everything at once, and make sure everything goes out according to plan and together, if that makes sense

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
and ps ride-this is the worst. so many problems with them, esp sending me the wrong size tires and refusing to take them back. a holes

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Damn, I wanted to post a "flash on ride-this" thread but thought I was alone on this. But yea I haven't been back to ride-this for anything. Just like thrill said, I'll pay more elsewhere b4 I go back to them.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Hey thrill, I completly understand your frustration. But.... it looks like you have some bars to use so you're not rideless, right? Not for nothing but Solid has some nice nice steel bars and for a damn good price. Aaron is a kickarse guy and should be able to take care of you.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Holy crap !!

Ok I just this second logged on to Ride monkey after a week of keeping my head down and finishing up the last 10 Death-mobiles of out latest run of 20 , so needless to say I have been crazy busy and haven't had time to waste on the internet .

Ok I understand ALLOT of people have been waiting for me to ship stuff , TOTALLY MY FAULT
Everyone who has been waiting on RAW bars , your shipped yesterday with special gift's as a thank you for your patients .
Powder-coated bars will be back from powder-coat tomorrow and will ship same day If I make it back in time along with your special gift's for being patient also :-) !!

I have been very busy and because of this lag in shipping I have hired a new employee to start next monday doing shipping full time !!
I am also going to go out a deposit on a 1500sq foot shop so we can finally get the F out of my garage !!

Again Please let me make a public apology to anyone who has been trying to get ahold of me lately , I'm sorry I haven't been around but bikes are getting built and parts have shipped !!

Please from now on DO NOT TRY TO CONTACT ME VIA PM as I dont see them until I log onto Ride-monkey
my Evil4bc(@)mac(DOT)COM is my main PERSONAL Email and is the best way to get ahold of me , If I do not reply in a few hours I'm usually waiting to solid info to email you with .

Thanks for the continued support
-Brad

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
thanks for the info brad. i guess its good and bad that you dont have time to ship stuff. and on top of that man-ing up and admitting that youve just been too busy is great. your business is growing and youre taking the steps necessary to keep it top notch. mucho props and i hope it all works out.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Holy crap !!

Ok I just this second logged on to Ride monkey after a week of keeping my head down and finishing up the last 10 Death-mobiles of out latest run of 20 , so needless to say I have been crazy busy and haven't had time to waste on the internet .

Ok I understand ALLOT of people have been waiting for me to ship stuff , TOTALLY MY FAULT
Everyone who has been waiting on RAW bars , your shipped yesterday with special gift's as a thank you for your patients .
Powder-coated bars will be back from powder-coat tomorrow and will ship same day If I make it back in time along with your special gift's for being patient also :-) !!

I have been very busy and because of this lag in shipping I have hired a new employee to start next monday doing shipping full time !!
I am also going to go out a deposit on a 1500sq foot shop so we can finally get the F out of my garage !!

Again Please let me make a public apology to anyone who has been trying to get ahold of me lately , I'm sorry I haven't been around but bikes are getting built and parts have shipped !!

Please from now on DO NOT TRY TO CONTACT ME VIA PM as I dont see them until I log onto Ride-monkey
my Evil4bc(@)mac(DOT)COM is my main PERSONAL Email and is the best way to get ahold of me , If I do not reply in a few hours I'm usually waiting to solid info to email you with .

Thanks for the continued support
-Brad

thats a boy brad. glad the shop deal worked out along with the hired hand. should help alleviate all the stress and drama of late mang

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
right on brad.. big ups to nemisis and yeah fiddy i got some abrs but my are litterally pure raw steel. no clear coat.will ahve pics of the complete bike prob in a few day. i waited for a month for my fork and brad came through hardcore.. like i said brad rocks ... he is all about making sure **** is the way its supposed to be. big up to brad and nemisis project.. i ahve a feeling nemisis is gonna blow up even more than it is now.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Thank you everyone !!
I working as hard as I can , in the end it will all pay off .
the latest run of Death-Mobiles came out looking on point !
Some of the best bikes we have produced so far .
I appreciate all the support everyone has given me and Nemesis Project along the way , we have BIG surprises in store for the future-!! Stay tuned and thank you for all the great compliments and support it helps keep the bike building fire burning hot !!
_Brad

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
That's all(well, I need bars, too) I needed to hear. If you can't supply a product then info is the ONLY thing that should come next. I HAD a set of GI bars, but loaned them to a bud about 10 minutes before doing this to the ones I replaced them with:
BTW, these are built by Solid... solid they were not. Haha, and I bent them with my back, my spine to be exact! still hurts...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Oh, and just so you (all of you) know, I DID try to contact you via email first, but I used the one I sent money to and that didn't work. And of course you weren't answering your PMs....

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
Exactly.
Let's say you have a 30 minute lunch break and all you want is one silly taco. You've only got a buck and Taco Johns and Taco Bell are in the same parking lot. The TJ's manager comes out and waves you in, saying his tacos are better(which we know is true!) and you'll have them fast. You pay for your taco and step to the right to wait patiently. In the meantime, a bus comes through the drivethru and orders $500 in Tacos. They decide to fill this order first cuz it's good money and it will pay the bills. Meanwhile I don't know about the bus and I'm standing there like a douche waiting for a single taco. I'm now outof money so I can't go next door and get a different taco, while maybe not as good, is still a taco and will do the job, and I'm late for work. Would you be pissed?
At the very least, you're prob not going to eat there again.
great explanation that the way it truly is, but remember the small guys need to make money, and u have to remember that when u by stuff

DThomson

Monkey
Nov 1, 2004
my atomlab bars bent like that too! HAA

That's all(well, I need bars, too) I needed to hear. If you can't supply a product then info is the ONLY thing that should come next. I HAD a set of GI bars, but loaned them to a bud about 10 minutes before doing this to the ones I replaced them with:
BTW, these are built by Solid... solid they were not. Haha, and I bent them with my back, my spine to be exact! still hurts...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Well, most new companies wanna put the now played out claim to be built "for riders, by riders..." I'm just making sure that rings true! ;)
And remember... the little fishes have the biggest mouths.

Brad has contacted me and te storm has settled. Ironically, I first posted here not all that pissed off. But the more you guys defended him the madder I got! I assumed he was pushin me to the back of the line, but then I hear stories of big oders for Austrailian markets and I'm like WTF??!! and diggin out the brass knuckies!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
yikes! I guess those bars didn't last that long for ya. Sorry about that and I hope your spine isn't too hosed. May I ask how that happened? The backsweep and angles on those weren't really what I spec'd but Aaron @ Solid did make an attempt for me. He did a 2nd batch and about 3 of them were sorta close to the numbers I wanted - I'm running one pair on my USB now and they feel good.

When Brad came along with his product, I scraped the plan of trying to get some good 4130 bars made myself. I know exactly what I want and the Nemesis bars look and sound very very close to those specs - and I'm a very picky person.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Ah no, man, it was a freak thing. I was/am actually wating on the other two guys with your bars to give me some feedback then I was going to send you a little mini-report. My little bro is pretty mellow, and other than some big bunnies, he doesn't hit it huge. His will be just fine and he LOVES the way they feel, he says. Compared them to BMX units from the days of way back. My bud Adam is the one I was worried about. He's one of those bike-throwing, tantrum havin babies every time he screws up cuz it's OBVIOUSLY the bikes fault. Stoopid bike! Yet, his are still kickin along and he loves his as well.
How did I bend mine? hehe... I'm a dufus, that's how!
OK, so we're cruisin by a city park and I see one of those big concrete tunnel/drain pipe things they stick in parks for the kids to play in and the bums to sleep in? Well, there's a jagged fence running perpindicular to it and right to the side of it, then it comes out the other side, right? Well, it sits about 4-5 feet away from a 2-3 foot grass ledge. So there's a 4-5 foot gap off grass and sand to this stupid thing. I have to land on it sideways, it's only 6 feet long, and I'm not sure I can even do that, plus I have to then immediatley hop off it to make itto a picnic table 4 feet from that. So I hit it. ASSUMING that I'm going to get bogged in the sandy grass, i haul ass at it. I'm almost positive that I'm just going to hit the side of it, slide down into the fence and then go find something to stop the bleeding. I make it. I OVER make it and like a wallride, it grabs my tires and launches me. I'm out of room and as I go to just jump over the bars, the front end drops, flips me over backwards. The bike lands on the bars/seat, and I land on the toothed trials bashguard on my spine and the bars are pissed and give up. Whew!
So, it just MIGHT not have been the bars' fault! Ha!
They tweaked INSIDE the stem clamp area, is what's wierd. I had to pry the front off to get the bars out!
Sorry for the hijack...but atleast I ain't bitchin!