Quantcast

Paging T-Pro and the Snowshoe crew!!!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The questions are abound, and the question most people would like to know is what the schedule is going to be for the weekend, and an idea of the course...

The schedule however is important, since many of us are planning around work and families...

Thanks!!!

Cheers!!! Look forward to a great weekend!!!!:cheers:

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
There's a sched posted at the ride.snowshoemtn.com site.

Anybody know if we can hit the DJs and DS course Friday afternoon?

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
There's a sched posted at the ride.snowshoemtn.com site.

Anybody know if we can hit the DJs and DS course Friday afternoon?
The only schedule I saw was one that showed the dates of the race, but nothing more. No times or anything. Unless the internet hates me and is censoring itself so as to thwart my attempts at making it to the race.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
FRIDAY
Happy Hour: 5pm - 9pm at the Junction

SATURDAY

Downhill Practice, All Classes: 10am - 2pm
Downhill Practice, Elite Only: 2pm - 4pm
Dual Slalom Practice: 5pm - 7pm on Skidder
Dual Slalom Race: 7pm - 9pm on Skidder

SUNDAY
Intro & Amateur Practice: 9am - 10am
Elite Practice: 10am - 11am
Downhill Race: 11:30am
Awards Presentation: One hour after completion of the race

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
FRIDAY
Happy Hour: 5pm - 9pm at the Junction

SATURDAY

Downhill Practice, All Classes: 10am - 2pm
Downhill Practice, Elite Only: 2pm - 4pm
Dual Slalom Practice: 5pm - 7pm on Skidder
Dual Slalom Race: 7pm - 9pm on Skidder

SUNDAY
Intro & Amateur Practice: 9am - 10am
Elite Practice: 10am - 11am
Downhill Race: 11:30am
Awards Presentation: One hour after completion of the race

awesome, where'd you come across that info? did I overlook it or do you have a better source?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
You have to fish around for the schedule link at the aforementioned site, it's hiding in one of the dated press releases on the front page.

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
You can register Saturday morning right? That's what I've done for all of the last races... I usually don't get up there until late Friday night.
I'm in the same boat...gotta work til 7 on Friday, then make the drive from Harrisonburg as soon as I'm clocked out.

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
The questions are abound, and the question most people would like to know is what the schedule is going to be for the weekend, and an idea of the course...

The schedule however is important, since many of us are planning around work and families...

Thanks!!!

Cheers!!! Look forward to a great weekend!!!!:cheers:
The schedule Denjen posted is correct. We will probably be bumping up official dual practice and race about an hour to make up for lost daylight. Registration on Saturday is from 9-4pm

Course layout is almost complete. There is some recent construction up top of the western territory. New snowmaking line being installed. Depending on the situation going into the weekend it may dictate the top layout a bit, so we will be making a decision on the top of the course later this week. I think the course is going to surprise a few. A great deal of the course has never been used in any previous races. The crew is pretty adamant about keeping the new sections a surprise.

The weather is looking like it will be turning around nicely for us... Should be a wicked awesome time!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The schedule Denjen posted is correct. We will probably be bumping up official dual practice and race about an hour to make up for lost daylight. Registration on Saturday is from 9-4pm

Course layout is almost complete. There is some recent construction up top of the western territory. New snowmaking line being installed. Depending on the situation going into the weekend it may dictate the top layout a bit, so we will be making a decision on the top of the course later this week. I think the course is going to surprise a few. A great deal of the course has never been used in any previous races. The crew is pretty adamant about keeping the new sections a surprise.

The weather is looking like it will be turning around nicely for us... Should be a wicked awesome time!
Great....:rolleyes: NOW I won't get any sleep all week!!!!! ;)

Thanks for the update! I know I speak for all when I say, Dude, I'm stoked and can't wait for the weekend!!!!!

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
sounds like this is gonna be a killer race...and im even more stoked, since i'll actually be in one for the first time. the situation is the same with camping, correct? and what about showers, or am I doomed to reek the entire weekend?

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
sounds like this is gonna be a killer race...and im even more stoked, since i'll actually be in one for the first time. the situation is the same with camping, correct? and what about showers, or am I doomed to reek the entire weekend?
complimentary camping is available at Silver Creek. RV hookups are also available for a fee.

We do have public showers located at the pool in the village. Just stop on in and they should take care of the funk.

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
complimentary camping is available at Silver Creek. RV hookups are also available for a fee.

We do have public showers located at the pool in the village. Just stop on in and they should take care of the funk.
Awesome, I think that covers anything I can think of for now. Thanks!

So how many of you all will be there? I'm driving up by myself, so this should certainly be an adventure. (my friends are either too lazy or have to work) Take pity on me...haha...but seriously, I'll be lookin for some people to hang out with, so lemme know if you'll be around. Oh and I'll be shooting photos as much as I possibly can, and should be having them uploaded to my site not too long after, so i'll give the word when thats up and running.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
if weather.com says there is a 20% chance of rain Saturday and a 30% chance Sunday, does that mean it is going to rain? Snowshoe almost seems to generate weather.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
the last shuttle is at 5:30 on friday,but we won't be marking or taping the course until late friday evening,so there won't be much of a chance to pre-ride the course until practice sat. morning. this course is a big surprise for everyone.
so see you at the races!!
thanks the snowshoe gang!

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
the last shuttle is at 5:30 on friday,but we won't be marking or taping the course until late friday evening,so there won't be much of a chance to pre-ride the course until practice sat. morning. this course is a big surprise for everyone.
so see you at the races!!
thanks the snowshoe gang!
Many people have paid for rooms with the intention of pre-riding the course.
This has been the way its been for years.(Here and everywhere else) Why are you suprizing us all with this news NOW??
Maybe you could have made this anoucement before most people made reservations.
I have never had a problem paying a few extra bucks for the condo, taking a extra day off work. Because the perks of this have ALWAYS been that you get a extra day of riding the course.
I have no problem with this anoucement, from the angle of...... We will all have the same amount of time to get this new course dailed in.
I just wish that 15 people staying in our condo had this information before we paid all that cash,and took days off work(this is hard for some late in the season) to get extra course time.
Now before I catch ANY slack........
I have been coming to Snowshoe at least 2 x a year to race since they have been putting on the "Mayhem" series. Plus a couple times just to freeride
I have NEVER had a bad experience with ANYTHING.
I do not think of this as "bad experience" either.
I just spoke with T-Pro on the phone last week about something complete un-related. I made sure to share with him, how I thought the boys down there are doing a great job.
So clearly I am a big fan Snowshoe Mt. and all the great things they do.
I just dont know if I aggree with this. JM

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
The overall schedule has been the same for the whole series (Practice on day 1, practice and race on day 2). The Monster Park weekend shifted everything a day ahead but otherwise the layout has been the same all along.

If you want to practice the course, buy a ticket for Friday and ride the Western Territory. Odds are good that if you're on something looking fresh, you're on a piece of the new course. Otherwise, I'll see you up there on Saturday with the rest of the folks exploring the latest course for the first time.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Rest assured, T-pro, Stonysnake, Banche and the whole crew at the 'Shoe will top what they did the last race; although, I loved the last course!

Bottom line, we're lucky enough to ride, and ride at a first class resort, so all the sacrifices we make to go, is also the conversation you have at Xmas, or better yet, sitting by yourself, looking out the window on a cold an blustery day, and grinning, because you recall the fun you had this past summer.

Damn, now I won't get to sleep tonight in anticipation of the upcoming weekend.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I have a DH rig, you? :p :bonk: :nopity: :busted:

:biggrin:

I also have full coverage car insurance, a nice luxury sedan, a Gibson Les Paul, a Marshall, a TI hardtail XC bike, a real nice AND attractive wife.....AND...I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once! :p

However....

You still have your youth..

:D

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Well, as far as reasoned logic, your assertion is incorrect, therefore your conclusion must be, and is in fact, incorrect.

Oh yeah, 3.5 hours...:p
When are you leaving for SS?
And don't play lawyer sh!t with me, I've been explaining the law to the hoodrat crack heads.

Soon it will be the law given by the .308

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Make sure you get the rifle plate, standard type IV armor doesn't do such a good job of stopping the 7.62 round without it.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
I'm not sure which I prefer more: Tattooo's fat-boy machismo chest-thumping about firearms, bangin' girls, takin' back da streetz, and tearing up the 'gnar, or SK6's shmaltzy shiny happy surreality where everything can be described with the word "great" and he's the self-declared mouthpiece of praise for everyone whether they've said they agree or not.

I'm still not convinced that Tattooo is SK6's doppleganger since I've heard them both in person having the same conversations in only slightly differing bodies and with different people listening. Bizarre I know!!

SS will be a good time. I plan to keep it real. Real sketchy.