Quantcast

palmer bikes going up for auction

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
via twitter from the man himself:

"I will be selling my 96-99 Troy lee painted world championship downhill bikes on eBay. For anyone that wants some downhill history!!!"

sweetness. curious what kind of $$ these will fetch.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Maybe hes over it and wants to make room for a Seadoo?

:rofl::rofl:

Kenny Powers: When my ass was 19 years old, I changed the face of professional baseball. I was handed the keys to the kingdom, multi-million dollar deals, endorsements. Everyone wanted a piece of my sh*t. Just a man with a mind for victory and an arm like a f**king cannon. But sometimes when you bring the thunder, you get lost in the storm.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
:rofl::rofl:

Kenny Powers: When my ass was 19 years old, I changed the face of professional baseball. I was handed the keys to the kingdom, multi-million dollar deals, endorsements. Everyone wanted a piece of my sh*t. Just a man with a mind for victory and an arm like a f**king cannon. But sometimes when you bring the thunder, you get lost in the storm.
Eastbound and Down Season 1, if you haven't seen it, GO RENT IT! Such a good show!

-KT

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I thought you earn more from owning a big snowboard company than by selling some old bikes.
He would have to spend a ton on lawyers (international law no less) to chase down what is owed. Palmer got screwed on the snowboard deal, in a nutshell, he helped start the company (based in austria) and the owner jacked him. What was meant to be his nest egg, is just a sad reminder of a business deal gone extremely sour. He was taken advantage of by so many people over his career.

We are in talks with him to keep things going with Intense Cycles, make a long term relationship with Palmer, we will see what happens.

edc

Chimp
Nov 19, 2006
hope you sort it stik, be great to see more of palm and intense in the media, as the new media guy of intense (kudos on the new gig) could you sort us a pic of his intense 5.5 he rode at crankworx this year .
thanks

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
He would have to spend a ton on lawyers (international law no less) to chase down what is owed. Palmer got screwed on the snowboard deal, in a nutshell, he helped start the company (based in austria) and the owner jacked him. What was meant to be his nest egg, is just a sad reminder of a business deal gone extremely sour. He was taken advantage of by so many people over his career.

We are in talks with him to keep things going with Intense Cycles, make a long term relationship with Palmer, we will see what happens.

They still claim he's their CEO (or working as him as they call it) on their web page. Does he have no affiliation with the company anymore? I'm sure he'd find a greedy lawyer who would work for a % of the future wins. I'm not sure bout the us law but here as long as they use him as the face of the company the case seems pretty obvious. Do you have some more info on that?

edc

Chimp
Nov 19, 2006
sure did, if anyones got any further pics, new or old im happy to add to the palmer file on my pinkbike .
thanks

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
They still claim he's their CEO (or working as him as they call it) on their web page. Does he have no affiliation with the company anymore? I'm sure he'd find a greedy lawyer who would work for a % of the future wins. I'm not sure bout the us law but here as long as they use him as the face of the company the case seems pretty obvious. Do you have some more info on that?
Just don't ask him about 'his' snowboard company. He is not their CEO. I believe he has exhausted every option with that debacle. I sure wish some good luck would roll Palm's way, he could use it. At least he is having fun down here in so cal riding motos, bikes, choppers and eating tacos.

edc

Chimp
Nov 19, 2006
i would be happy with the pinstripe spec if someone wants to buy it for me :)

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
If I win the lottery tonight, all of them are mine. But Stik, you can still wrench on them if you want. :)

Well, dust them where they are hanging on my wall would be more accurate the wrench I guess....

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
In regards to helmet, last I heard he wasn't doing Otter. Would have been wise to sell those bikes one at a time, send out PR, do some cool highlight videos of him on the bikes, etc..

Last edited:

edc

Chimp
Nov 19, 2006
palmer fans will buy no question, hope his at otter, sport needs some colour,

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Just don't ask him about 'his' snowboard company. He is not their CEO. I believe he has exhausted every option with that debacle. I sure wish some good luck would roll Palm's way, he could use it. At least he is having fun down here in so cal riding motos, bikes, choppers and eating tacos.
Stik,
what's up with him and "his" snowboard company? I never knew he wasn't the CEO. I hope he gets some sort of residuals since they use his name and image? PM me if you don't want to type it out here.
Luke

Aug 17, 2008
I really Hope Palms life has not come to this, and he can somehow have Great success again, not nessesarily in racing, but just somthing stable! Good Luck Palmer!!!!