Quantcast

Palmer on Intense now?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
opps sorry for not posting the pics correctly. I'm too lazy right now and have too many blocks here at work to fix it now.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Was hoping for evil, but intense seems more fitting given the history.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Would seem so. Takes me way back... my highschool riding buddy matt always used to put in a dip at the top of a hard climb. Never understood the appeal.
These guys could tell ya better than anyone. HAHAH
Oh yeah the 951 looks slick hope PALMER DOES OK.

Thiago

Chimp
Mar 15, 2004
House
"All I had to do was wear spandex to win, but instead I wore a baggy motocross outfit, because I thought spandex was stupid."

Awesome!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
"All I had to do was wear spandex to win, but instead I wore a baggy motocross outfit, because I thought spandex was stupid."

Awesome!
I don't know if awesome is the word I'd use. I know I would be kicking myself if not wearing spandex kept me from being World champ. But then again there are sooo many other things that could have been done differently to make up .15 seconds.

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
This sums it up:

http://www.shaunpalmer.com/home/news_5.html

Wish him the best of luck!!!!

Cecil
Not to start a hate fest but am I the only one who lost a ton of respect for Palmer after reading that? His attitude is dispicable at best, lacking any form of sportsmanship. When Lance Armstrong described last years Tour De France as "a bit of a joke" it caused an international outcry within the road cycling community because he had basically insulted every rider who rode in the tour. I see the same thing here, comments like "I don't know why they bother to show Up. They just humiliate themselves," insult his competition and the sport as a whole. Do we need this attitude in our sport? Yeah the guy is a legend who's got the results to back it all up but I just lost a boatload of respect for someone I was hoping to look up to and respect.

SlackBoy

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
That right there is why the rest of the world dislikes america so much. They struggle with humour. Which is funny, cos some of their comedians are so outright funny.
Sure he's arrogant, sure he's rude, but he just likes to take the piss.
Take a look at yourself america, and laugh, cos it's what the rest of the world is doing

GTIgor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2009
Moscow, Russia
Not to start a hate fest but am I the only one who lost a ton of respect for Palmer after reading that? His attitude is dispicable at best, lacking any form of sportsmanship. When Lance Armstrong described last years Tour De France as "a bit of a joke" it caused an international outcry within the road cycling community because he had basically insulted every rider who rode in the tour. I see the same thing here, comments like "I don't know why they bother to show Up. They just humiliate themselves," insult his competition and the sport as a whole. Do we need this attitude in our sport? Yeah the guy is a legend who's got the results to back it all up but I just lost a boatload of respect for someone I was hoping to look up to and respect.
I suppose it`s this attitude wich makes his so dominant - without it he wouldn't progress so much in so many sports... besides it's an interview - it might be just a role playing, just like boxers before the fight. I think one can judge him only after personal intercorse with him.

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
I suppose it`s this attitude wich makes his so dominant - without it he wouldn't progress so much in so many sports... besides it's an interview - it might be just a role playing, just like boxers before the fight. I think one can judge him only after personal intercorse with him.
WTF?????:eek:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
That right there is why the rest of the world dislikes america so much. They struggle with humour. Which is funny, cos some of their comedians are so outright funny.
Sure he's arrogant, sure he's rude, but he just likes to take the piss.
Take a look at yourself america, and laugh, cos it's what the rest of the world is doing
And why are there millions of people trying to get in here every year....? Oh wait has nothing to do with this. Palmer has attitude, and from what I have been told doesn't like it when guys on 500cc smokers blow by him in the whoops section at tracks like Glenn Helen. He actually told my buddy Eric to get off the track.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I love how he already has his own signature gear.. stem, hub, pedals..(helmet of course, but that was already out before we even knew he was racing)

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I think it's awesome that Palmer is back on Intense! Congrats to both Palm and Jeff!

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
What was the reason for choosing Intense? Did he decide on the bike based on how he felt or was he testing other bikes just for marketing purposes? DW?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
What was the reason for choosing Intense? Did he decide on the bike based on how he felt or was he testing other bikes just for marketing purposes? DW?
It sounds like it was a combination of having a long time relationship with Jeff, liking the bike and being able to get frame changes made within days rather than weeks.

Intense does everything in house except paint/PC so jeff can probably crank a new frame pretty fast. Stik probably knows how fast he can do this?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I shouldn't be talking about any of this, not that its CIA sh1t...but here is how the last 12 months went down, in a very small nutshell.

Last summer, we all know Palm tested with Peaty and Greg, was gonna be a syndicate member, race some world cups all in an effort for training-for palmers olympic bid. The Santa Cruz hookup was inspired by Peaty and Palm assumed with Santa Cruz he could work out a nice salary for this mini-comeback.

When I saw Palm in person last october I told him he was a douche for not even giving Jeff(intense) a call for some bikes, Palm said he thought Santa Cruz could get him some more money and at this point was all about money/hanging with peaty/liking the VPP/liking santa cruz/digging roskopp, I gave Palm a ration of sh1t for not giving Jeff a ring, he felt bad, but nothing ever came of it. So all winter Santa Cruz tried to get some outside sponsor money for Palm and apparently that didn't pan out.

Up until 2 weeks ago there was still no Intense/Palmer communication. Jeff called Palmer and said 'atleast come try a bike'...Palmer came down, pretty much rode an intense around in the parking lot it was a done deal...he felt like he was home.

Jeff would probably chime in but with getting some new models finalized, the new Palmer stuff (Jeff is going to the canada world cup rounds and europe) he is pretty pinned right now.

I figure the fans wanted to know, so there is my 2 cents.