Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
ok two questions..

1. why USA pancakes are sooo fat ?!

yours

mine

pancakes in Europe are thin and large but i allways wonder why are yours sooo small but BIG (fat)

2 question

what you like to put on/in them ?!

i like ice cream and nutella:cupidarrow: :happydance:

ps. i hope no one mind my question i ma just curious:cheers:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
pancakes around here are flat too.
i like the flat sweet ones better. american puffy pancakes arent sweet, they are like puffed dry bread, like a sugarless muffin.

i like mine with honey. or if they smash a banana in the batter before frying, thats good too.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
pancakes, flapjacks, hotcakes... I like em hot with butter and maple syrup. maybe an egg on top, over easy. MMMMM MMMMM!

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
I consider thin somewhat crispy = flapjacks
Pancakes are the thick ones that soak up anything you put on em. I actaully made some flapjacks this morning, ummmmmm!

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Blueberry Pancakes!
:monkeydance:

also, Trader Joe's has a chocolate chocolate chip pancake mix.

It's totally dessert for breakfast.

and.... I love crepes.
There is an awesome little place somewhere in Denver that has great crepes... lemme grab OMGF to see if he can remember their name.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Pancakes with raspberry jam and fresh cream can actually cause me to inhale food. If 20 were put in front of me I'd try or die.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Much better. The "sugar water" pushed off as syrup in the grocery store is crap. Pure New England syrup is a requirement for me. I have had VT, NH, ME, and MA pure, and they are all good. NYS and Qubec are also good. IMO, using Butterworth's is as bad as using a bacon substitute. :disgust1:
Octoberfest is out at Trout River. And it was good.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Banana Pancakes are good, and in a pinch (no bananas) I have spread banana Hammer Gel on the cakes and it is actually quite good!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Much better. The "sugar water" pushed off as syrup in the grocery store is crap. Pure New England syrup is a requirement for me. I have had VT, NH, ME, and MA pure, and they are all good. NYS and Qubec are also good. IMO, using Butterworth's is as bad as using a bacon substitute. :disgust1:
Ummm........... I hate to break it to you, but "real" maple syrup is literally sugar water. :D

And while I'd agree with you in principle, the reality is that we eat soooooo many pancakes at our house that I'd probably go broke buying the real stuff. So it's syrup by the gallon in our household. :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Here is the website for "Het bekendste pannenkoekenhuis van Amsterdam" ==> http://www.pancake.nl/

...and here is a portion of their menu and let me just tell you, it is quite the dining experience- especially after an appetizer of AK47/kif. Because they are situated so close to Grey Area, they've taken more than a little bit of my money over the years! Amazing "crepe" style potato, breakfast and dinner pancakes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
SS, for the children's sake, don't deprive them of maple syrup by giving them flavored corn syrup.

:clue: :banghead:
I'm not depriving them - real maple syrup is an occasional treat. Seriously - we go through more than a gallon a month. :greedy:

When I was a kid growing up in Michigan, we made our own maple syrup at the homestead. Good times..........

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
the reality is that we eat soooooo many pancakes at our house that I'd probably go broke buying the real stuff. So it's syrup by the gallon in our household. :D

"B" grade, which I prefer because it's darker/thicker, can be bought around here for $8-$10 per quart. For me, it's 100% pure maple syrup, or I don't have pancakes or belgian waffles. This is one of the products I will not compromise on.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
"B" grade, which I prefer because it's darker/thicker, can be bought around here for $8-$10 per quart. For me, it's 100% pure maple syrup, or I don't have pancakes or belgian waffles. This is one of the products I will not compromise on.
I applaud your good taste!

We choose not to compromise on our stinky cheese (real Italian Grana Padano). The kids are probably too young to discern/care on the syrup side anyways. :D