Quantcast

parent monky mall trips

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
SO i just entered the thread on growing old, got depressed by my own post and figured I say something hopeful and positive. If you're not a parent, you may not relate.

I LOVE GOING TO MY LOCAL MALL W/My little boy. He says the word "mall" better than anything because he can find his own way around at 2 1/2. He also terrorizes the toy store and Boscov's (department store) demo wooden thomas train table. Sometimes we spend 30 minutes just at the train table on a slow day.

Today I had the baby in the carriage, so it was hard to chase my 2 year old around. Don't tell my wife, but I lost him for 30 seconds (really less, but he's a fast sucker) only to find him running around outside the toystore with a toy shopping cart that he stole.

Right now it's one of the few things that make growing old fun. Just wanted to share, wish I had a video of it.

On a side note, I hope there is a God and everyday we download our data while we sleep so after we die it's something we can watch, relive and stuff.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I know the feeling. While mommy would be at work, Alaina would ask me if we'd go on an "adventure", or to the fish hatchery to see the basset, Betsy, or to get a donut and chocolate milk. You get the idea. I agree-- when I get to be with Alaina again, I hope we can re-live some of these "good ol' days" as we cuddle with the mammoths she's making friends with......

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife and I were talking about how our daughter hasn't been to a mall in about 4 years. I might take her to one this weekend, but around here they get crazy. The mall is not my gig, at least not since the late 80's.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
My wife and I were talking about how our daughter hasn't been to a mall in about 4 years. I might take her to one this weekend, but around here they get crazy. The mall is not my gig, at least not since the late 80's.
I live in a medium town w/ a little hickmall. It makes all the difference. There's hardly anyone there during the day except other parents and some old-lady-walkers. I probably should have labeled the thread "adventures w/toddlers", but I'll start that one when winter comes.

I was fishing to see if anyone else has little routines like that. We always start w/a slice of pizza and end with one of those kiddie rides that my parents were too poor for me to ride:)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I hate the mall, and one of the few pluses about where I live is that the nearest one is over 30 miles away.
That being said, the joy from watching your kids play and have fun as only they can do, is priceless and can never be replaced.

Gotta go, its storytime for my two little gromms...

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
I hate the mall too, but my little guy loves it, so we pop in on a rainy day once in awhile. They've got a kiddie play area that's got a bunch of soft climbing structures and padded floor (and at least one shifty old dude lurking around the perimeter at all times), some escalators and a Chuck-E-Cheese (surprisingly okay pizza). Cheap and decent way to get out of the house and kill a few hours occasionally. And C-E-C is milf central.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I hate the mall too, but my little guy loves it, so we pop in on a rainy day once in awhile. They've got a kiddie play area that's got a bunch of soft climbing structures and padded floor (and at least one shifty old dude lurking around the perimeter at all times), some escalators and a Chuck-E-Cheese (surprisingly okay pizza). Cheap and decent way to get out of the house and kill a few hours occasionally. And C-E-C is milf central.
NOT BUYING IT. :disgust1:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I hate the mall. I hate the smell. Cinnabon mixed with cologne and perfume. Every time I have to go to there (the only Radio Shack near me is in the mall) I feel like I've ran through a gauntlet of carcinogens.

My daughter loves the mall, but she's not allowed there for a LONG time.
http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201888

I'm really looking forward to when my son gets older and starts walking. We live in a great neighborhood and there are many city parks nearby and a big state park a short drive away.

I already warned my wife that we will be getting in alot of trouble.

yellowjam

Chimp
Apr 17, 2008
I have a 9year old son and 12 year old daughter. We try to spend as much time with them as we can. They are both competetive swimmers, so we spend everynight at the pool with them. Also, this weekend my wife and daughter are going to have some girl time at the mall and my son and I are going to have some man time on the trails. I love spending time with each one of my kids. It is great when I get a chance to bond with them alone. Hopefully, riding with my son will bring him memories for the rest of his life.