Quantcast

Paris Mountain DH review

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
For those of you who have not ridden the Paris DH course, you guys have got to check it out!!! I had the opportunity this weekend to do some shuttle runs with Cecil, and all I can say is this is a REAL DH run. Don't let the elevation fool you. The course is steep and technical from top to bottom, lots of roots and rocks(natural,not placed there by someone) tight fallaway switchbacks, and lots of speed!!(did I mention the rocks and roots) The DH course is located in a beautiful State park with a lot of other trails that are fast and flowy(if you dont mind the climb) that people have obviously put alot of work into. If you havent seen the flyer, here is the link http://www.parismountaindh.com/. If you have been thinking about riding here, please do. This is a course you would not expect to find in the south. Thanks to Cecil and the guys from Upstate SORBA for all the hard work. Give this place a try, I promise you wont be disappointed!!!:cheers:

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
I am totally w/ you I love the State Park and the All the trails there. I usually try and ride there 3-4 times a week w/ the bros. Damn dude I wish I would've known you were in town, I was looking for people to ride w/ all weekend. Next time your in send me a pm and we will meet up. :cheers:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Pete, I am glad you had a good time. Also glad you got to ride more than just DH out there with me. The place has some of the best XC riding in the South with a great mixture of climbing and descending.

For all that go out to the park please remember to be kind to the other users of the park, by saying hey and don't run over them. Be on the lookout for hikers and other riders out there. We want everyone to have a great time out there.

Hope to see you all out at the race, as we have been working hard to put something nice together for all that attend.

Thanks,
Cecil

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Sounds like you've done a ton out there!

I need to ride there again soon.

Keep it up, Kudos!!
Nothing done to the DH trail yet. We have a work day on the 2nd to build berms and do a little trail work. The SORBA group has done a lot on the back side of the MT if it has been that long sence you have been there. Super fun flowing trails.